Enough with the fan abuse

tmfr15

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

Your premise is that I need to move someone in order to start Jackson and not make a move because I think a player may find a position where they can be exceptional. I believe they moved Kalu because it would benefit the defense, not because they needed to appease Jackson.

Assume positive intentions. 

We have two safeties who put this team in a much better position to win, Antonio reed, Kieron williams, Aaron williams?

Keep any of those dudes in and keep Kalu at safety. That is a group who has experience. Why move Kalu ahead of those guys?

Just now, Xmas32 said:

If Kalu wants to play at the next level, it's going to be at S.  I'm guessing the coaches sat down with Kalu and asked him what his goals are.  They wouldn't have moved Kalu to safety unless he was on board with it.

Well that is the problem man, the goals of the team should come before the goals of an individual.  what an absurd idea... 

5 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Your premise is that I need to move someone in order to start Jackson and not make a move because I think a player may find a position where they can be exceptional. I believe they moved Kalu because it would benefit the defense, not because they needed to appease Jackson.

Assume positive intentions. 

I refuse to give these coaches any presumptions. All I have seen is incompetence and worse execution. 

5 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

Thats not what he meant at all. Not one bit. He was talking about the fans that would rather be right about their prediction  on coaches than actually supporting the University. And hes absolutely right. You see it right here on this board. The guys that posted the day Riley was hired that he would be a failure and be fired within 3-4 years. And then theyve come back this season just to say they were right all along and we should have listened to them. You think those "fans" gave Riley any shot at all? Nope. Just wanted to be right about their predictions three years ago. Thats who DB was talking about. Not fans that voice their displeasure after they have given the guy a chance and have seen for themself it is not working. 

That's become tired on both sides, I agree.

10 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

The only reason the football team exists is because of the fans. With the exception of boosters, every dollar the football program gets comes from us. We expect results because we pay for results. Get off our backs, and be happy that we care enough to complain about this sub-par coaching staff. If no one cares enough to complain, the football program dies.

Except for the 50 million or so a year we will be getting from the BIG but ya know whatever. 

Two things.

1. @timmytbro ya might wanna calm down a bit.

2. In Big Red Over Reaction, Damon Benning has been hinting at the Kalu move being done to throw Lamar a bone, where it's not exactly warranted. He's also said that Lamar should be sat down a few times. Also, In the post Ohio State episode, he went on a mini-rant about this, and the RB carousel as an example of total mismanagement, and players being told one thing and coaches doing another.

13 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

The thing that makes me chuckle is that a few poeople who disagree with DB come out and say things proving his point.  Hey it’s all good.  Season is over in 6 weeks and we will all see what happens.

For a moment, I got really sad but then I remembered how bad this season is. Even with the crappy play, fall Saturdays are my favorite time of the year.