Enough with the fan abuse

tmfr15

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't think you need to intentionally end the sellout streak to get the point across. The point has been made - that's why there's an entirely new athletic director.

The sellout streak is one of the football program's biggest remaining assets and this fan base is (in my opinion) the best fan base in the country because of it. I will be saddened if it ends one day but, if the day does come, I hope we can all reflect while realizing it is never and will never be the fan's fault for the streak ending. Fans are not the reason that stadium fills up - it's always been about the team.

The sellout streak is not an asset.  Its just says that even though the team is terrible we will still give you our money to watch it and they are glad to accept it and do nothing.

its only because the fans are leaving in droves and tickets are going for 10 bucks that has them shaking in their shoes and firing the AD and soon Riley and his gang of extortionists.

• Plus1 1

The season ticket holders are getting fleeced.  They are being sold a bill of goods that does not deliver.  It is getting to the point that season ticket holders are worrying,  just looking to recoup some of their money.  It should not be that way.  Either eliminate the donations, or put a real team on the field.

So I won’t laugh and point out that “fan abuse” is the snowflakiest thing I’ve ever heard because that will get my post deleted.  

I will instead offer that maybe we should create a safe space where our fans can be shielded from the slightest bit of criticism from former players and other fans.

I wonder what we could call it.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, dubsker said:

So I won’t laugh and point out that “fan abuse” is the snowflakiest thing I’ve ever heard because that will get my post deleted.  

I will instead offer that maybe we should create a safe space where our fans can be shielded from the slightest bit of criticism from former players and other fans.

I wonder what we could call it.

<snicker> 

• Plus1 1

The only reason the football team exists is because of the fans. With the exception of boosters, every dollar the football program gets comes from us. We expect results because we pay for results. Get off our backs, and be happy that we care enough to complain about this sub-par coaching staff. If no one cares enough to complain, the football program dies.

• Plus1 2

The fans will complain the same as they do when they pay too much for a terrible movie.  Those movies quickly stop making money as theaters go empty.

Same thing.  Except the theater doesn't ask you to donate to build the place, donate to run it, the donate to get on a list to maybe buy tickets, then donate to buy tickets, then buy tickets for every movie.

With that business model movie reviews would be brutal.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Big Red Commie said:

And its better to nix the goofy sellout streak at this point and stop showing up for the, again, crappy crap they-vastly overpaid fools-put on the field.  Fans have the power snd money talks, thats the real world.  If you want serious change, hit em in the pocketbook.

It makes me sick all the s#!t coaches that have gotten rich off of NE doing s#!t work the last 15 yrs and Riley Inc. has especially made the program worse and he still gets paid 1000s every damn day of the year.

Its bulls#!t.

AMEN AMEN!!!

• Plus1 1

I believe his point is that some fans have created a toxic environment that makes it tough to feel support as a player, attract a top flight AD and possibly a new coach.  The level of entitlement amongst some in our fan base has reached the level of the terrible two’s.  But hey, keep putting up billboards telling the AD how to do his job.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I believe his point is that some fans have created a toxic environment that makes it tough to feel support as a player, attract a top flight AD and possibly a new coach.  The level of entitlement amongst some in our fan base has reached the level of the terrible two’s.  But hey, keep putting up billboards telling the AD how to do his job.

You think you didn't attract a top flight AD? 

• Plus1 4

52 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

If a fan is more concerned about a sellout streak than using his/her money to do the talking to instigate real and rapid change, then said fan is just a dupe and an enabler.

Those outside the ne circle dont give a damn about the streak, but they are laughing at how bad the team is.

You think anyone inside the Nebraska Circle gives a rats ass what anyone on the outside thinks?  If you do that is on you.  As frustrated as I am about how the season has gone I will still support the team and will be in the stadium when I can.  I will never boo my team or my coaches when I am there.  Please don't waste any of your precious money showing up.  Please find another team that plays the way you like.

You don't have to be a fan to post, call in, start a Facebook account, put a sign up downtown.

Some people actually get enjoyment messing with others.

The telling part is when 80,000 people who paid thousands in good money to get season tickets would rather be warm then at the game.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

The only reason the football team exists is because of the fans. With the exception of boosters, every dollar the football program gets comes from us. We expect results because we pay for results. Get off our backs, and be happy that we care enough to complain about this sub-par coaching staff. If no one cares enough to complain, the football program dies.

Nebraska makes nearly as much from the Big Ten as a member as it receives from ticket sales.  Most of that is tv revenue and scarce little of it comes from a sparsely populated state like Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Nebraska makes nearly as much from the Big Ten as a member as it receives from ticket sales.  Most of that is tv revenue and scarce little of it comes from a sparsely populated state like Nebraska.

Why were we invited to join the BIG? Because we have a national fan base that gets TV ratings, and fills seats in the opponents stadiums.

• Plus1 2