Enough with the fan abuse

tmfr15

54 minutes ago, dubsker said:

So I won’t laugh and point out that “fan abuse” is the snowflakiest thing I’ve ever heard because that will get my post deleted.  

I will instead offer that maybe we should create a safe space where our fans can be shielded from the slightest bit of criticism from former players and other fans.

I wonder what we could call it.

The House of Riley! Come for the hugs stay for the cookies

• Plus1 1

We don't have a product worthy of putting 90,000 asses in the seats. Until we do, every fan has the right to speak with their feet and get up and leave if they're not satisfied with what they're seeing. We've been putting up with these shenanigans for 19 YEARS.

When are players and coaches going to uphold the standard of excellence our fan base expects? Do we expect NC's every year? No. We do expect to be in that talk every so often. We also expect to compete for conference championships. We don't expect to get blown the f out 56-14 at home or lose to MAC teams.

Maybe the issue is something more. Maybe it's time to call an exorcist.

Edited by FTW
  • Plus1 2
3 hours ago, timmytbro said:

Phuck that, I ain't getting a free education, free clothes, free food, free tutors, free shoes... These coaches are paid millions, the players are getting a top notch education and a job interview for the NFL, all on our dime, if these people cannot perform at a respectable level I have a damn right to be upset.

Some maturity and a little respect for others, please.

Although you are passionate, which is great, please do not force upon me to say a cursive word through creative spelling. I'd rather not have to.

Thank you friend.

• Plus1 4

Phuck that, I ain't getting a free education, free clothes, free food, free tutors, free shoes... These coaches are paid millions, the players are getting a top notch education and a job interview for the NFL, all on our dime, if these people cannot perform at a respectable level I have a damn right to be upset.

What a great recruiting tool- "hey, if you don't play well we reserve the right to bash you because we're upset and we deserve better." Check yourself dude

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What a great recruiting tool- "hey, if you don't play well we reserve the right to bash you because we're upset and we deserve better." Check yourself dude

LOL I have a recruiting tool, "hey Lamar Jackson you are a four star recruit how abut you can come in start as a true freshman and put absolutely no work in, get beat every play, refuse to tackle, yet you will ways start because you are a four star." Mike Riley....

Remember it is an honor for the fan base that you graced them with your presence,

Bro. Party foul. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

LOL I have a recruiting tool, "hey Lamar Jackson you are a four star recruit how abut you can come in start as a true freshman and put absolutely no work in, get beat every play, refuse to tackle, yet you will ways start because you are a four star." Mike Riley....

Remember it is an honor for the fan base that you graced them with your presence,

How do you know he's put no work in? 4 star doesn't mean immediate star. 

There is absolutely no patience or context of what should reasonably be expected by some on this board. Granted I don't believe he will be going pro after his junior year which he's earned some ribbing for but good lord. Who else do you expect them to play? 

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

How do you know he's put no work in? 4 star doesn't mean immediate star. 

There is absolutely no patience or context of what should reasonably be expected by some on this board. Granted I don't believe he will be going pro after his junior year which he's earned some ribbing for but good lord. Who else do you expect them to play? 

Josh Kalu? you do know they moved him to safety to appease Lamar

1 hour ago, Big Red Commie said:

The sellout streak is not an asset.  Its just says that even though the team is terrible we will still give you our money to watch it and they are glad to accept it and do nothing.

its only because the fans are leaving in droves and tickets are going for 10 bucks that has them shaking in their shoes and firing the AD and soon Riley and his gang of extortionists.

You're being contradictory. You're simultaneously saying the sellout streak doesn't matter but that the administration is making decisions because 'fans are leaving in droves.' Protection of the sellout streak is exactly what this is all about because the sellout streak = money. The sellout streak = fan support. It's an incredible asset to the athletic department. Making administrative moves now builds hope and hope sells tickets.

• Plus1 1