Need some help here...

8 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I have recently run into a troubling problem and am looking for a few suggestions on how to handle it.  The problem?  I don't know how to gloat properly.

You see...as a diehard ISU fan, I'm not familiar with success and haven't really had to worry about the etiquette of gloating before.  Oh sure, I'm surrounded by moron Hawkeyes fans who gloat about everything from their stolen Pittsburgh Steelers color scheme to their record of number of players cited for public urination...but the way they do it makes them seem like brainless a$$hole$ and makes the entire world hate them.  Actually, the entire world already hated them but their method of gloating just magnifies the hatred.  I don't want people to hate me.

On the other hand, I had a conversation with a coworker today who is a Kansas State fan and I mentioned that we were ranked 14th in the nation and asked her where K State was ranked this year.  When I realized what I said, I felt guilty about it.  Even after assuring her that I was joking and that I was sure K State would win their next game because it was a night game and Bill Snyder would be on the sideline coaching instead of laying in his coffin trying to hide from the sunlight, I still felt bad, especially since she has real big breasts.

So...here I am looking for some advice.  How do I gloat without becoming an asshat Hawkeyes type of gloater but without having to worry about losing a chance of motor boating with the hot office assistant? 

Now I know Nebraska fans have had their share of success in the past and most of the ones I have met have usually been very gracious about the fact that their team was good while my team sucked so I decided it would be a great dea to come to the experts and ask how to gloat properly.

Any advice would be appreciated...thank you in advance

Cy

I always sport the Husker gear and wait for someone to mention it. Once some one brings it up I am free to engage them without looking too proud. Even this year I still wear my gear because hey its still Nebraska. 

Ya thats right we may have our 4th losing  season in the last 50 years. How many has ( insert team ) had?

We wont be down for forever. We are Nebraska.

8 hours ago, FTW said:

Husker fans had years of success to gloat and stick their chests out. ISU could be a one hit wonder. Hot one week and then all of a sudden that fire can burn out and everyone will forget. Like Matt Campbell said, respect the game, it's about the process. You're in no position to brag yet until you have a championship, IMO.

Buzz kill! 

I dunno, but, i think beating two top 5 teams within a month is pretty brag worthy.  

You also give us hope, in that when you hire the right person for the job, the job gets done well.

• Plus1 1

Tell Iowa fan that they aren't your rival.  That you value all opponents (and your desire to beat them) equally.  You have no "rivals", that it's all about how your 'Clones are doing and what they need to do to get to the playoffs...that should really piss them off.

Worked with us and Colorado anyway.  We haven't played them for damn near a decade and we're still the ones they talk about (and hate) most.

Okay...here's what I've tried this morning...

Hawk Fan - You may be ranked but we still beat you!

Me - Yeah...I was going to go to that game but I couldn't roll your wife off of me.

Hawk Fan - You may be ranked but we still beat you!

Me - Yeah...I was trying to listen to that game on the radio but you wife was squeezing my ears shut with her thighs

Hawk Fan -  Ranked?  Big deal...we've been ranked lots of times

Me -  Youre right!  I remember studying about the speech Millard Fillmore gave about that

Hawk Fan - Who's Millard Fillmore?

Hawk Fan - 14th...who cares?

Me - You should be excited!  If we move up 4 more spots you won't have to take off your shoe to count that high anymore.

It has been a good morning...

• Plus1 8

12 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I have recently run into a troubling problem and am looking for a few suggestions on how to handle it.  The problem?  I don't know how to gloat properly.

You see...as a diehard ISU fan, I'm not familiar with success and haven't really had to worry about the etiquette of gloating before.  Oh sure, I'm surrounded by moron Hawkeyes fans who gloat about everything from their stolen Pittsburgh Steelers color scheme to their record of number of players cited for public urination...but the way they do it makes them seem like brainless a$$hole$ and makes the entire world hate them.  Actually, the entire world already hated them but their method of gloating just magnifies the hatred.  I don't want people to hate me.

On the other hand, I had a conversation with a coworker today who is a Kansas State fan and I mentioned that we were ranked 14th in the nation and asked her where K State was ranked this year.  When I realized what I said, I felt guilty about it.  Even after assuring her that I was joking and that I was sure K State would win their next game because it was a night game and Bill Snyder would be on the sideline coaching instead of laying in his coffin trying to hide from the sunlight, I still felt bad, especially since she has real big breasts.

So...here I am looking for some advice.  How do I gloat without becoming an asshat Hawkeyes type of gloater but without having to worry about losing a chance of motor boating with the hot office assistant? 

Now I know Nebraska fans have had their share of success in the past and most of the ones I have met have usually been very gracious about the fact that their team was good while my team sucked so I decided it would be a great dea to come to the experts and ask how to gloat properly.

Any advice would be appreciated...thank you in advance

Cy

Does the first rule of the internet not apply here?