Anyone catch Bill Moos on Sharpe and Benning?

jauken

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think that people might be putting a lot of stock into the last 4 games.  I mean...are you really making your coaching choice on that?  I think the choice has been made already.  I have no idea what it is but I can't imagine a good AD just sort of looking at 4 games.

As a leader he said he is working with MR and supporting him.  He will see if he as a leader can make a difference in the program.  It is AD speak but that is what he said.

20 minutes ago, brophog said:

If he is retained, frankly, bluntly, and honestly, then the evaluator isn't fit for that part of the job. That sounds extreme, on a message board, but we've made a good case both with video and statistics and we've really barely scratched the surface.

2 reasons he would keep MR.  Complete dominance in the last 4 games, highly unlikely.  His top 10 choices won't come.  From what he has seen and what he will see, I don't see him keeping him.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, hansenn said:

You should also listen to the latest Husker Doc Talk podcast. They have Dave Rimington as a guest. He said they told him they were going to make a change at AD and they wanted him to be interim until they found their full time guy. So Rimington knew before Eichorst did. Also he talks about how much of a mess the football program is. It’s a pretty good listen.

Can you provide a link to that podcast please.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

As a leader he said he is working with MR and supporting him.  He will see if he as a leader can make a difference in the program.  It is AD speak but that is what he said.

Yeah...I guess it just sounds like "boss-talk" like when they put a dude that is in sales on a "plan" to help them do better...but the "plan" of makine 150 cold calls and 3 hours of talk time a day is really just to break the dude...not help them.  Or maybe I am just a jaded bro.

24 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I will reiterate what others have said.  

You don't fire an AD 3 games into a football season citing on-field performance as a root cause and then retain the HC responsible for the on-field performance.

I agree, but this situation could also be viewed  as a freebie for the new AD.  The firing tells Riley that the on the field product is unacceptable and it ramps up the intensity on his results this season instead of waiting until year 4.  If we wait until the end of the year to and we finish 6-6 or worse we may be in a hurry to find an AD, and then looking for a new coach. If we finish strong Moos can work with Riley and tell him his vision and expectations for the program moving forward.  If Riley fails to finish the season strong then Moos gets to bring his guy in and start fresh.  

33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I will reiterate what others have said.  

You don't fire an AD 3 games into a football season citing on-field performance as a root cause and then retain the HC responsible for the on-field performance.

Yup.  Especially when on-field performance has not improved since the AD was fired.

Also, I think that Hank and Ronnie will have just as much say, if not more, than Moos.  Sure they can lay it out as Moos's decision, but they will have very strong input.

So actually my local sports radio out on the West coast talked about this interview Moos gave. Hearing how they delivered the statement was completely different on how I read it in my head. The way the host read it made it sound like Riley was clearly gone and the target was 100% Frost. The other host said based on his experiences he is certain (although he has zero knowledge of it happening) that Moos has had the conversation with Riley that he won't be returning for 2018, and everything else is lets do what we can to try and keep things together for the rest of the season. But overall what they both said made it seem obvious Riley is gone.

They then went on a debate as to Frost, in Frost's perspective, what is the better job, Florida or Nebraska? Both brought up interesting points with the pros and cons of each job.

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

2 reasons he would keep MR.  Complete dominance in the last 4 games, highly unlikely.  His top 10 choices won't come.  From what he has seen and what he will see, I don't see him keeping him.

Complete dominance in the last four games is not possible due to whatever the team did or didn't do in the off season. 

12 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So actually my local sports radio out on the West coast talked about this interview Moos gave. Hearing how they delivered the statement was completely different on how I read it in my head. The way the host read it made it sound like Riley was clearly gone and the target was 100% Frost. The other host said based on his experiences he is certain (although he has zero knowledge of it happening) that Moos has had the conversation with Riley that he won't be returning for 2018, and everything else is lets do what we can to try and keep things together for the rest of the season. But overall what they both said made it seem obvious Riley is gone.

They then went on a debate as to Frost, in Frost's perspective, what is the better job, Florida or Nebraska? Both brought up interesting points with the pros and cons of each job.

How is it that your west coast radio guys have an inside scoop?

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

I agree, but this situation could also be viewed  as a freebie for the new AD.  The firing tells Riley that the on the field product is unacceptable and it ramps up the intensity on his results this season instead of waiting until year 4.  If we wait until the end of the year to and we finish 6-6 or worse we may be in a hurry to find an AD, and then looking for a new coach. If we finish strong Moos can work with Riley and tell him his vision and expectations for the program moving forward.  If Riley fails to finish the season strong then Moos gets to bring his guy in and start fresh.  

I think you are reading too much into it.  There is only one reason the AD was fired

• Plus1 1