Anyone catch Bill Moos on Sharpe and Benning?

jauken

8 hours ago, NM11046 said:

How is it that your west coast radio guys have an inside scoop?

No he doesn't have an inside scoop he was just basing this off of his own personal experience and own personal knowledge of how these situations usually go. He does not have any inside information to Nebraska.

Not from S&B but apparently Moos commented that he was surprised at how many of our guys had to be helped off the field against Purdue but then were back in the game rather quickly.  Obviously not Farmer and Decker who have legit serious injuries but guys who were "hurt" enough to need on-field attention but apparently recovered quickly enough to get back in.  

Supposedly Davison also commented on this on the radio.

More from Moos via 247:

Moos said years with a number of job openings are cyclical, and that he must have his fingers on the pulse of the college football world as he goes through his evaluation at Nebraska. That evaluation is also taking place in the new reality of an early signing period in college football. Prospects can begin signing Dec. 20, and Moos said he’s interested to see how that changes the coaching carousel following the regular season. It also puts pressure on athletic directors to be decisive in their decision-making.

“Certainly if there is going to be a coaching change, you had better have things lined up,” Moos said. “These days of a 45-day search and 22-person search committees, you’re going to be left in the dust. All the good ones are going to be gone.”

“As far as football goes, this is my fourth program, and all three of the ones before weren’t even close to the shape this one is in right now and look at them now — by the time we left they were winning championships or darn close to it. So, we’ll have some fun.

“Give me five years and tell me your opinion. That’s all I’ve got to say. I didn’t come here to go 6 and 6. That’s one thing. The other thing is you can’t do it over night. The third thing, I’m still learning about the last transition and what was here with regards to players and all that kind of thing. I go back to my thing earlier. If it’s dormant, it can come back to life because the brand is solid.”

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not from S&B but apparently Moos commented that he was surprised at how many of our guys had to be helped off the field against Purdue but then were back in the game rather quickly.  Obviously not Farmer and Decker who have legit serious injuries but guys who were "hurt" enough to need on-field attention but apparently recovered quickly enough to get back in.  

Supposedly Davison also commented on this on the radio.

They talked about this in the Husker Doc Talk podcast. The summary is, Rob Z has said he's heard from multiple people that we have minimal contact in practices, and that they're super soft and laid back.

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

They talked about this in the Husker Doc Talk podcast. The summary is, Rob Z has said he's heard from multiple people that we have minimal contact in practices, and that they're super soft and laid back.

Which has been a problem for some time now through multiple coaches if I'm remembering correctly. That's a culture problem that needs to be fixed. I understand there are limits on practice, but we certainly aren't pushing the line of what's okay and what's not in practice which hurts the team come November with all of the injuries we have. 

2 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Part of that is by design at many colleges in order to limit head hits and concussion risk.  Dont know NUs policy, but there are several out this way that don’t hit at all during the week.  

I know it's partially by design, but how does Alabama practice? How does Ohio State practice? How does Wisconsin practice? I want to know how the top teams practice because it's probably a safe bet that our practices are a joke compared to their practices. What's their strength training programs look like? Obviously the top teams have top talent, minus Wisconsin that's just the program and good coaching, that helps them be the teams they are. To survive the B1G season we have to be a team that is tough as nails as the B1G has been eating us alive by the time November rolls around. We've been nothing, but injury prone, weak mentally and soft year after year. That's a culture issue that has been allowed to creep into the program over the years. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Part of that is by design at many colleges in order to limit head hits and concussion risk.  Dont know NUs policy, but there are several out this way that don’t hit at all during the week.  

This is true. However, remember Gerry Dinardo's comments when Riley took over? He said the difference in how NU practiced and the rest of the conference was alarming.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Saunders said:

This is true. However, remember Gerry Dinardo's comments when Riley took over? He said the difference in how NU practiced and the rest of the conference was alarming.

Yep.  Good point.

Probably similar reason to why the Pac-12 generally seems to be bad a defense all the time.

• Plus1 1