Gary Sharp Says On Twitter Frost To UF Is "Close To A Done Deal"

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

But the family is set for life (assuming you get that sweet deal).  The players are only there for 4 years as it is (5 tops), and the staff, well those guys are all in it for the same reason, to be a HC some day and get paid.  

I don't mean I would try and do a bad job once I signed the lotto ticket, I mean that the most important thing is the biggest lotto ticket you can find.  

yeah....because all of those people's lives are just peachy when you're failing at your job.  Fans are idiots.  It's taken out on kids at school.  It's taken out on spouses....etc.

yes...you are cashing in a big pay day.  But, unfortunately, the families of the people involved in Lincoln right now is not pleasant.

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

yeah....because all of those people's lives are just peachy when you're failing at your job.  Fans are idiots.  It's taken out on kids at school.  It's taken out on spouses....etc.

yes...you are cashing in a big pay day.  But, unfortunately, the families of the people involved in Lincoln right now is not pleasant.

Sure, I agree...that is why I want the biggest lotto ticket I can get.  Because we all know how it ends...for 99% of coaches it ends with them getting axed and s#!t going bad.  Might as well get the big check.

Just now, fire mike said:

Do we honestly believe Chip Kelly would come to Nebraska? 

No clue but that would be about as big of a hire as a school could get.  I think sometimes people forget just how freaking good he was/is.

Some people cry about him not fitting the culture but you know what fits every culture?  Winning.  

Edited by teachercd
  • Plus1 6

Just now, fire mike said:

I agree. Honestly, Chip Kelly would be a larger home run hire than Frost. 

For sure!

First off they would dominate the division next year.  Secondly, he doesn't like recruiting (I think that is overblown) but I also think he is about the point where he doesn't need to recruit like some brand new guy.  His name and offense is the recruiting.

Just now, teachercd said:

For sure!

First off they would dominate the division next year.  Secondly, he doesn't like recruiting (I think that is overblown) but I also think he is about the point where he doesn't need to recruit like some brand new guy.  His name and offense is the recruiting.

I emphatically agree 100%. Kids know who Chip Kelly is  

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

For sure!

I keep coming back to this when I talk with my friends.  Why hire the student when you can hire the teacher?  You have to pursue Kelly if you're Moos.  Do I think Kelly is probably a little bit prickly?  Yup.  And if I had to cover him in the media that would suck.  But guess what?  I don't.  I don't watch press conferences or anything like that so I frankly don't care if the guy is a raging dic* to the media.  The media will turn on him regardless.  I totally get that Kelly doesn't want to recruit supposedly.  Guess what?  NO coach likes recruiting.  It's absolutely terrible.  Kelly has already lived in a fishbowl when he was the coach of the Eagles so nothing Nebraska can throw at him is going to shake him (I've changed my stance on this.  Philly sports fans are maniacs.)  Plus he's already spent time recruiting to Eugene, OR which is nearly as difficult to get to as Nebraska.  Nebraska fans are starved for a winner, if Kelly can just get Nebraska into the Big Ten title game, he'll be lauded.  

Now here is my conspiracy theory so break out your tin foil.

Nebraska hires Kelly and he sticks around for 4-5 years before he goes back to the NFL or starts coaching 6 man football in Alaska or whatever else Chip Kelly does.  Frost comes in after Kelly has installed his system and we all live happily ever after.  I do think Frost goes to Florida next.  That being said, that job is such a pressure cooker that no one can last more than 4-5 years.  With Georgia turning into a juggernaut heck Frost might get fired in a couple years.  As Saunders mentioned, UF fans are bat $$it crazy.

Edited by Xmas32
Added conspiracy theory!