Diaco sounding off against Rugby Tackling

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

No it wasn't, and he did succeed, quite a bit, at Nebraska.

Solich is tiny, both in terms of height and in terms of character. He was not taken seriously by the players and was unable to command their respect. There’s a reason he wound up at Ohio, a complete football wasteland, and never got a sniff from another big-time program.

Solich took over one of the most successful college football programs at the height of its success and in a matter of a few years ran it into the ground. I think you and I have different ideas of what “success” means. 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

What do you mean? I could be way off, but I think you are questioning why they tweeted this out?

In case you didn't know, everyone was doing this stuff in "celebration" of twitter allowing 280 characters now.

But fake outrage over something that isn't there is easier than realizing that this tweet is exactly 280 characters.

Office-Space-Jump-Conclusions.jpg

Edited by Pedro Guerrero
  • Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much the same as labeling anything you don't agree with as "outrage" so that you can be dismissive of it.

You are right it is pretty easy to be dismissive of a post that tries to paint a picture of something that isn't there.  Maybe outrage wasn't the correct term but none the less I stick by my post.

• Plus1 1

I get tired of this University sending good coaches down the road.  Please note I am not including Riley in this but there were many others.  

Damn shame if Diaco walks before he builds the trust he needs in his players.

Right?  I mean here is a stand up guy with NU best intentions at heart.  I know he is a stand up guy because he says the truth as he sees it and he doesn't care who gets mad.  

I think he has got a bunch of players who won't buy in and when thaf happens you just have to work on them and graduate or bench the bad apples. It would take a couple years but we could see some very good defenses out of this guy.  

But seriously when are we going to stop running good coaches.  Bohl, Gill, Solich, Norvell, Watson, etc.

Why was there no one in Lincoln with the b@lls to go up to Pelini's face and tell him the truth: That his ahole antics had to stop in order for him to succeed.  That he was his own worst enemy and he needed to take a long look in the mirror if he wanted to be a great HEAD coach, a great coach for NU.

Because if someone would have done that, and if Pelini had a come to Jesus moment, both he AND the University would be better off.  

Make no mistake, the last time that truly excellent football was played in Lincoln ( by the Huskers) Pelini was on the sideline.  And before that it was Solich against OU.

Edited by dvdcrr
  • Plus1 1