The Democrat Utopia

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Shouldn't someone that is a girl by birth but feels like they are a boy, not only be referred to as male in all walks of life but also have people like you believe them?

This really sums up people that don't understand the difference between sex and gender.

In your example, that person is not saying or asking that the fact they were born as a female is untrue. It's instead about how they want to act in life and be treated. And they aren't asking you to believe anything at all.

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This really sums up people that don't understand the difference between sex and gender.

In your example, that person is not saying or asking that the fact they were born as a female is untrue. It's instead about how they want to act in life and be treated. And they aren't asking you to believe anything at all.

You either don't know what a social construct is OR you only want it to apply to certain things.  Can't have it both ways.

Stop oppressing people and just accept them for who/what they want to be.

And they are 100% asking everyone to believe it, as they should and as decent people we should accept that and believe it and accept them.

If someone that was a girl at birth decided they were really a guy, I would not only believe them but I would only refer to them as male.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, teachercd said:

And they are 100% asking everyone to believe it, as they should and as decent people we should accept that and believe it and accept them.

No, they aren't. And no one has to accept or believe what is untrue.

You're either trolling or you don't know the difference between a social construct (gender) and a biological fact (sex).

For example, anyone can wear a dress regardless of their biological sex. But one gender has predominantly worn dresses and the other has not.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No, they aren't. And no one has to accept or believe what is untrue.

You're either trolling or you don't know the difference between a social construct (gender) and a biological fact (sex).

For example, anyone can wear a dress regardless of their biological sex. But one gender has predominantly worn dresses and the other has not.

My bad, see post below!

46 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

nailed it

Why is it hard to believe that I think people should get to choose things in life and that we should be decent enough to accept them.

I am almost 100% certain that you ALSO agree that people should have the right to choose things about their life and that we should do our very best to accept that about them and even believe in what they say and feel. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Why is it hard to believe that I think people should get to choose things in life and that we should be decent enough to accept them.

I am almost 100% certain that you ALSO agree that people should have the right to choose things about their life and that we should do our very best to accept that about them and even believe in what they say and feel. 

don't get me wrong, you're a very good troll

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sorry, @RedDenver I messed up.  I see what you are saying now.

You are saying that people CAN change their gender/race/age and so on...but that YOU don't have to believe that they are now something different.  

That's not what I'm saying and you know it. Your continued obsession with trying to make gender the same as sex/race/age is getting sad. Either that or you're trolling, which is against the board rules.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

That's not what I'm saying and you know it. You're continued obsession with trying to make gender the same as sex/race/age is getting sad. Either that or you're trolling, which is against the board rules.

I don't think gender is the same as sex.

I am saying that we can choose all these things.   

I think we should embrace them all.

Why are you mad about that?

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You're mixing facts and social constructs together and acting like they are the same. I could explain to you again, but you're just going to keep trolling.

Got it, thanks!

Anyway, I still believe we can pick things in our life and I hope that others accept that. 

And it is odd that you just quote SOME of my post.  But, I that is okay.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1