The Democrat Utopia

So what is motivation behind city leaders letting their cities go to crap?

https://sfstandard.com/2023/08/14/gumps-owner-slams-san-francisco-in-letter-downtown-crime-homeless/

"Gump's has been a San Francisco icon for more than 165 years," he wrote in the ad. "Today, as we prepare for our 166th holiday season at 250 Post Street, we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's conditions."

"You have to return to a set of norms and standards of conduct that are enforced and stop talking about it like there's some special pixie dust that exists in San Francisco," he said. "Decide you want to enforce that, so that people can have a livable city. Some think it's complicated. I think it's quite straightforward."

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Right @teachercd  if we can pick our gender we should be able to pick our net worth!  It’s science.  

Well, money is a social construct, created and accepted by people in society.  Just like gender and age and race and childhood...

So, yes, if you believe you can identify in one (you can) then you should believe you can identify as all the others.

If you DON'T agree...you are part of the problem.

Also...I wish I saw this sooner because my bank is closed until Monday!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

23 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

That's true, you can identify as anything you want, and nobody has to believe you.

What's the point here again?

I think the point is someone continuing to purposefully misunderstand sex and gender.

Remind me again, what did we call the girls in school who acted like boys?

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, ZRod said:

I think the point is someone continuing to purposefully misunderstand sex and gender.

Remind me again, what did we call the girls in school who acted like boys?

But that was not a compliment.  It was not (most of the time) what the girl wanted to be called.  It was meant to be hurtful. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

That's true, you can identify as anything you want, and nobody has to believe you.

What's the point here again?

Well, that is sort of what people (myself included) are fighting to change.

Shouldn't someone that is a girl by birth but feels like they are a boy, not only be referred to as male in all walks of life but also have people like you believe them?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But that was not a compliment.  It was not (most of the time) what the girl wanted to be called.  It was meant to be hurtful. 

I don’t remember tomboy ever really being offensive.  Most girls, parents, and teachers almost embraced the title.  At least when/where I grew up.

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don’t remember tomboy ever really being offensive.  Most girls, parents, and teachers almost embraced the title.  At least when/where I grew up.

Sure!  Just like we embraced saying "oh that is gay" and things like that.

Or stuff that our coaches said back then that was "okay"...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I guess I am just trying to think of teacher meetings right now and NO WAY would I say "Oh, yeah, Maddie is a total tomboy"

I feel like that would be close to saying "Yeah, Maddie is not like the other girls, not as pretty or girly"

The woke got you :D