The Democrat Utopia

37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes, my black friends did in fact give the talk to their kids at night as like a bed time story.  They told me about it and that it was to help "prepare them" for life.

I have also had 4-5 students tell me that their parents gave them the talk.

Also have had about a dozen students tell me that their parents gave them the talk about the crazy white adults that think they are "saving them" 

No you haven't. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No you haven't. 

I have...

I have also had 4 students let me know that they could not read/complete a certain chapter in a sociology class that I teach because they had also gone through that horrible topic (SA)

Don't be upset that we have different experiences with people and that mine do not match up with what you want them to be.  I will never discount your experiences, I think they are all important. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have...

I have also had 4 students let me know that they could not read/complete a certain chapter in a sociology class that I teach because they had also gone through that horrible topic (SA)

Don't be upset that we have different experiences with people and that mine do not match up with what you want them to be.  I will never discount your experiences, I think they are all important. 

It's not the possibility that we have different experiences -- of course we do -- or that your anecdotal experience reflects the greater truth. It's more about your posting history. Some of it just doesn't ring true. That's on me, of course. Just can't shake it, though. 

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Side note, I have never had a student of any color, race, religion, zip code, gender...mention anything about sleeping issues other than "We get so much homework", to which I respond "Not from me, because I don't like grading!"

Well there you have it. Take that, Atlantic Monthly!

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's not the possibility that we have different experiences -- of course we do -- or that your anecdotal experience reflects the greater truth. It's more about your posting history. Some of it just doesn't ring true. That's on me, of course. Just can't shake it, though. 

That is okay!

I am guessing we have both lived normal (at times) and crazy (at times) lives.  No hard feelings!  

Also, this is the internet, I would not believe anyone either!

• Plus1 1

On 7/18/2023 at 11:19 AM, funhusker said:

I guess…:dunno

Don't leave out roads, sheet music, and my personal favorite advanced math classes. I have posted so many I lose track. To be fair, the professors that get paid to research this stuff are not necessary calling roads racist...that would be silly, right? Its more about the role of white supremacy on the various topics. I still find it enjoyable to make fun of them though. When a school district decides to remove advanced math classes until late high school because they are disproportionately filled with white and Asia kids they deserved to be laughed at.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

To be fair, the professors that get paid to research this stuff are not necessary calling roads racist...that would be silly, right?

Wow. Good job nic, proud of you for growing into this very common sense level of comprehension. Eat your heart out archibald

• Plus1 2
On 7/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, Lorewarn said:

Wow. Good job nic, proud of you for growing into this very common sense level of comprehension. Eat your heart out 

Don't give me any credit. I will always make fun of the studies. They are like getting lobbed a softball.:D

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If you go to the trouble of filling your daily newscast with 348 mentions of Hunter Biden, or give coverage to Congressional testimony on dead alien bodies, do you honestly think the target of distraction is the case of Sam Bankman-Fried?

Or are you deflecting from something else? Something much, much, much bigger? 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1