The Democrat Utopia

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have no idea what pizza gate is but if one kid is saved or not kidnapped because of the awareness, this movie raised it is worth it. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad which is pretty much the case with everything that pops up.

I know your schtick is to pretend the world is only black and white, but issues like this expose that's far too simplistic and naive. You should really learn about Pizzagate as the bad was a bunch of people were threatening restaurant owners with violence and death and one restaurant was shot up. What if this movie saves no kids but results in someone being shot or killed, is it still worth it then?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I know your schtick is to pretend the world is only black and white, but issues like this expose that's far too simplistic and naive. You should really learn about Pizzagate as the bad was a bunch of people were threatening restaurant owners with violence and death and one restaurant was shot up. What if this movie saves no kids but results in someone being shot or killed, is it still worth it then?

You bring up and associate pizZAGate as if it’s associated with and a theme of this movie?   Haven’t seen the movie yet, and maybe you have.   Is it a central theme or a passing theme or is not even mentioned at all in the movie?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Then that’s bad… I mean again pretty easy to understand.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have no idea what pizza gate is but if one kid is saved or not kidnapped because of the awareness, this movie raised it is worth it. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad which is pretty much the case with everything that pops up.

Nobody is arguing the bolded.  But, it's still appropriate to push back against the bad around it.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You bring up and associate pizZAGate as if it’s associated with and a theme of this movie?   Haven’t seen the movie yet, and maybe you have.   Is it a central theme or a passing theme or is not even mentioned at all in the movie?

Pizzagate happened because of Qanon conspiracy theories about child sex trafficking.  LINK

So.....if the movie promoters are going around promoting it to Qanon, then it's an appropriate discussion to have and condemned.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....if the movie promoters are going around promoting it to Qanon,

Link to movie promoters promoting this movie to the Qanon organization.   Maybe also provide a link to movie producers promoting the movie as an acknowledgment of conspiracy theories.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Link to movie promoters promoting this movie to the Qanon organization.   Maybe also provide a link to movie producers promoting the movie as an acknowledgment of conspiracy theories.   

Me personally, I have only seen/heard about this movie on TikTok, but I don't have TV.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn't say I had that.  You claimed that Libs want the movie to fail and act like it's because it's about child sex trafficking.  I explained that people discussing this aren't upset that a movie is made about child sex trafficking.  This article somewhat sums it up.

LINK

Not that I like posting a link to The Guardian.  But, it explains the issue.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn't say I had that.  You claimed that Libs want the movie to fail and act like it's because it's about child sex trafficking.  I explained that people discussing this aren't upset that a movie is made about child sex trafficking.  This article somewhat sums it up.

LINK

Not that I like posting a link to The Guardian.  But, it explains the issue.

It has made some good money at the box-office, which, kind of shocks me because well first off I did not think people. went to the movies anymore unless it was to see Maverick...but also because this just doesn't seem like a movie you want to sit and watch in a theater.  This seems like a start and stop type of movie.

40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It has made some good money at the box-office, which, kind of shocks me because well first off I did not think people. went to the movies anymore unless it was to see Maverick...but also because this just doesn't seem like a movie you want to sit and watch in a theater.  This seems like a start and stop type of movie.

It's making good money because, in part, it's very successfully marketing itself to evangelical Christians, who function as a built-in audience for any entertainment that they perceive as being from their camp. Churches will buy out entire movie theaters for stuff like this.

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I must have missed the part where everyone was outraged about Taken (fictional) or The Whistleblower (based on true events), or where everyone said what what Epstein and Giselle did was just fine.

Wait a second you mean there are examples of liberals and hollywood having zero problems with movies about child sex trafficking, and there's good reason to believe that any problems any hypothetical group might have with this film probably aren't actually related to the child sex trafficking part??

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It's making good money because, in part, it's very successfully marketing itself to evangelical Christians, who function as a built-in audience for any entertainment that they perceive as being from their camp. Churches will buy out entire movie theaters for stuff like this.

Wait a second you mean there are examples of liberals and hollywood having zero problems with movies about child sex trafficking, and there's good reason to believe that any problems any hypothetical group might have with this film probably aren't actually related to the child sex trafficking part??

Yeah and now I think with the "conspiracy theories" about the movie, it will get more business.  Plus, I think Mel Gibson directed it and his movies have been pretty well done.

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Which makes it all the more odd they are doing it with the current movie.  Trojan horse/art and all.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1