The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL.  The stolen land myth has always been interesting to me.   No doubt the US Gov treated the Indian population horrendously, but the Indian tribes were no saints to other tribes prior to Europeans finding the New World either.  

Ice Cream?  More like Ice Scream...about injustice...that happened hundreds of years ago!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL.  The Left really really doesn’t want this movie about a true story fighting sex trafficking to succeed.  Wonder why, seems like a story everyone could get behind.  

Not sure what you're wondering about, the 'why' is pretty simple and sensible. It's even answered, in part, in the video you posted.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Not sure what you're wondering about, the 'why' is pretty simple and sensible. It's even answered, in part, in the video you posted.

It’s “sensible” to equate a movie based on a true story to Q Anon conspiracies that an actor has spoke. About?  Kinda a weird theory there.  Not sure why they would have that non sensible theory :dunno

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s “sensible” to equate a movie based on a true story to Q Anon conspiracies that an actor has spoke. About?  Kinda a weird theory there.  Not sure why they would have that non sensible theory :dunno

Have you ever heard of the story of the trojan horse?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You've said "true story" a couple times now, but it remains very unclear whether this movie accurately reflects what happened, which is the point being made that you're glossing over.

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You've said "true story" a couple times now, but it remains very unclear whether this movie accurately reflects what happened, which is the point being made that you're glossing over.

Dude...it is about kids being trafficked.  Unless there are aliens and monsters in this movie, it is true.  Who cares how accurate THIS movie is to the actual events as long as it leads to more and more awareness.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
38 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I’ve said “based on a true story” in the post you literally replied to.   “True Story” and “based on a true story” are not exactly the same.  :thumbs

There is no point I’m glossing over.   Many left wing media and people seem to have an issue with a story about a person fighting child trafficking.   That’s weird 

• TBH 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude...it is about kids being trafficked.  Unless there are aliens and monsters in this movie, it is true.  Who cares how accurate THIS movie is to the actual events as long as it leads to more and more awareness.

It’s so strange that people have an issue with this movie.   Again, it begs to question as to why?   Are we to point in society with political correctness that we can’t make a movie about someone fighting child traffickers because it might make child traffickers feel bad??

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s so strange that people have an issue with this movie.   Again, it begs to question as to why?   Are we to point in society with political correctness that we can’t make a movie about someone fighting child traffickers because it might make child traffickers feel bad??

I have not seen anyone have a problem with the movie.  What I have seen, like the clip above, are people having issues with people who are promoting the movie to the Qanon crowd and then promoting the conspiracy theory that elite liberals are running a world wide child sex trafficking ring.

There's a big difference there.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your pearl-clutching over this is the same as when people try to 'gotcha' politicians for voting for or against a nice soundbyte narrative such as "feeding poor kids", ignoring that there were a dozen other things in the bill not related to feeding poor kids. 

If one is absolutely committed to encapsulating a massive art project as being only about one thing and not including plenty of other things packaged in it, then sure, it would be confusing why some people don't like that thing. But I don't think you're that stupid. You've definitely got the critical thinking necessary to understand that the qualms other alleged people have with this film aren't actually related to child sex trafficking. 

If you try, I know you can get it. But if you're still really struggling, let me help you maybe start putting the dots together just a little bit more. You asking, "why would anybody possibly have a problem with this movie?" could be analogized to a Trojan saying, "why would anybody possibly have a problem with this beautiful wooden horse the Greeks gave us as a gift?"

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It would be great if the movie brings awareness to what's actually happening as opposed to bringing awareness of Qanon conspiracies of what's happening. Like the Pizzagate story did NOT bring the kind of awareness you should want.

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It would be great if the movie brings awareness to what's actually happening as opposed to bringing awareness of Qanon conspiracies of what's happening. Like the Pizzagate story did NOT bring the kind of awareness you should want.

I have no idea what pizza gate is but if one kid is saved or not kidnapped because of the awareness, this movie raised it is worth it. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad which is pretty much the case with everything that pops up.

• Plus1 1