The Democrat Utopia

20 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact: retail stores lose three times more money every year to employee theft than they do shoplifting. And that's been the case forever.

Interesting what some people consider “fun facts” :dunno

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/31/what-are-retail-shrink-and-organized-retail-crime.html

The companies polled for the survey estimated that retail theft accounted for 37% of those losses, employee or internal theft 28.5% and process and control failures 25.7%. Unknown loss and other sources accounted for the rest. 

• Thanks 1

Imagine my relief when a HB poster informed me Archy hadn't actually died in an autoerotic asphyxiation accident and was still alive and questioning my fun facts!

According to the 2021 National Retail Security Survey from the National Retail Federation, the average loss per employee theft incident for retailers is more than $1,500 compared to $460 per shoplifting incident. Half of the survey respondents reported an average dollar loss of at least $1,000 per employee theft case.Mar 30, 2023
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Imagine my relief when a HB poster informed me Archy hadn't actually died in an autoerotic asphyxiation accident and was still alive and questioning my fun facts!

According to the 2021 National Retail Security Survey from the National Retail Federation, the average loss per employee theft incident for retailers is more than $1,500 compared to $460 per shoplifting incident. Half of the survey respondents reported an average dollar loss of at least $1,000 per employee theft case.Mar 30, 2023

You said this….

44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

retail stores lose three times more money every year to employee theft than they do shoplifting.

yet your quote I just responded to refers to the average dollar amount PER theft.   NOT the overall dollar amount of theft in the store.  Kinda of a difference there as the survey notes.   You can try and spin your words now to try and say you meant per instance all along, but this has been a Fun fact for ya:thumbs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact: retail stores lose three times more money every year to employee theft than they do shoplifting. And that's been the case forever.

Interestingly enough, those employee thieves don't see themselves as criminals, and apparently we don't, either. 

The problem in San Francisco and other cities isn't the tweakers, teenagers and kleptomaniacs who've always been around,  it's the emergence of organized shoplifters often working in groups taking whatever they want with audacity and intimidation. Some of them may ride Huffys. I don't know. But it definitely demands a new and different level of enforcement. Raising the determining value of theft between misdemeanors and felonies was designed to lower the burden on the judicial and prison system, but that may have some unintended consequences, too. The bill in question responds to untrained, low-wage employees being asked to solve the problem, and it makes perfect sense. 

Declaring that libs love shoplifters is an easy but stupid take. Not surprised by the posters who went there. 

Just helping @Archy1221 out a little…

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Just helping @Archy1221 out a little…

It's entirely possible to move these numbers around in different contexts, but even the most "favorable" numbers suggest retail businesses face a constant threat to their business from their own employees stealing from them, comparable to the threat from shoplifters who get all the ink.

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean... In high school we may or may not have drank the expired dairy, or taken it home with us... Allegedly... From a well know sponsors of a s#!tty rivalry trophy that we worked for.

I may or may not know people who packed steaks in the meat dept but put a ground beef price tag on them to check out.

Or accidentally damaging a box if little Debbie’s.

etc.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, if this was the getaway Huffy for your shoplifting sprees, you deserved jail time, even as a minor.

th.jpg

Oh my god, that is amazing!

I wish I would have got jail time, that was safer than dealing with my Dad!  This. was back in the day when parents could actually hit their kids.

• Oh Yeah! 2

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I may or may not know people who packed steaks in the meat dept but put a ground beef price tag on them to check out.

Or accidentally damaging a box if little Debbie’s.

etc.

microsoft-bigdaddy.gif

• Haha 1

LOL.. the Patron Saint of Democrats’ actions flies in the face of rhetoric he spouted to his cult.  

https://www.leefang.com/p/obamas-personal-investment-deals

However, since leaving the presidency, Obama has employed a similar tax strategy to potentially only pay capital gains taxes for the services he has provided to private business interests. 

One example of this is Obama's strategic partnership with NBA Africa, which was announced in July 2021, as part of an expansion of Africa's largest men’s basketball league. According to private information I obtained, the deal is structured as a "profit interest" share.

This agreement enables Obama to possess a “minority ownership stake” in the NBA Africa venture without making any upfront cash investments.

A profit interest share essentially guarantees a portion of future profits through a contractual promise. Celebrities and sophisticated investors often employ this compensation structure as a legal mechanism to minimize taxes resulting from endorsement deals or advisory services. 

If certain monetization events occur, such as the sale of NBA Africa, the income Obama receives from the partnership will only be taxed at capital gains, a rate of 20%. Ordinary business income generated from the deal would be taxed as income.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL.. the Patron Saint of Democrats’ actions flies in the face of rhetoric he spouted to his cult.  

https://www.leefang.com/p/obamas-personal-investment-deals

However, since leaving the presidency, Obama has employed a similar tax strategy to potentially only pay capital gains taxes for the services he has provided to private business interests. 

One example of this is Obama's strategic partnership with NBA Africa, which was announced in July 2021, as part of an expansion of Africa's largest men’s basketball league. According to private information I obtained, the deal is structured as a "profit interest" share.

This agreement enables Obama to possess a “minority ownership stake” in the NBA Africa venture without making any upfront cash investments.

A profit interest share essentially guarantees a portion of future profits through a contractual promise. Celebrities and sophisticated investors often employ this compensation structure as a legal mechanism to minimize taxes resulting from endorsement deals or advisory services. 

If certain monetization events occur, such as the sale of NBA Africa, the income Obama receives from the partnership will only be taxed at capital gains, a rate of 20%. Ordinary business income generated from the deal would be taxed as income.

Is this against the law?  If so, prosecute him.

I guess this is one way to get the Republicans to agree to fund the IRS the way it should be.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1