The Democrat Utopia

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

But what do those videos and texts etc. contain inside them that makes them legitimate evidence? 

I don;t know, maybe  a dude beating off on your lawn wearing a rubber shirt with a clown mask saying "I WILL NEVER STOP STALKING YOU NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL"

My question to you...should a person just be able to say "I feel like this person is stalking me" and then that person be arrested and tossed in jail, right away? 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

My question to you...should a person just be able to say "I feel like this person is stalking me" and then that person be arrested and tossed in jail, right away? 

Definitely not, and it's a good thing that's not how any law works.

• Plus1 1

On 7/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, Archy1221 said:

Welp…this singer gets the dope of the decade award.   What a clown.  

I don't think this is a good way to go about things, but I don't understand why people think they're making a good point when they complain about a rich person talking about oppression. By default, someone with more $ likely has more opportunities to speak out about these things and be heard, and it's commendable for them to care about others besides themselves. Exceptions/anomalies do not mean a problem doesn't exist.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think this is a good way to go about things, but I don't understand why people think they're making a good point when they complain about a rich person talking about oppression. By default, someone with more $ likely has more opportunities to speak out about these things and be heard, and it's commendable for them to care about others besides themselves. Exceptions/anomalies do not mean a problem doesn't exist.

What she is saying is dopey and how she is doing it is even more dopey.  

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Haha...even our super SJW's are not jumping in on this one.  Which is smart.

Yeah, there are some valid points she could make about lingering inequality but saying it’s not the land of the free but the home of the slave, in 2023 no less, is not even in the ballpark. She tried way too hard.

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, there are some valid points she could make about lingering inequality but saying it’s not the land of the free but the home of the slave, in 2023 no less, is not even in the ballpark. She tried way too hard.

Agreed, not smart in terms of what she said but brilliant in terms of marketing herself (which is all that mattered for her in the end, which I am all for because I love capitalism)

My guess, she has never been to another country.  America is about as close to "not being free" as Mexico is to "fighting the war on drugs"

• Plus1 1