The Democrat Utopia

Fun fact: retail stores lose three times more money every year to employee theft than they do shoplifting. And that's been the case forever.

Interestingly enough, those employee thieves don't see themselves as criminals, and apparently we don't, either. 

The problem in San Francisco and other cities isn't the tweakers, teenagers and kleptomaniacs who've always been around,  it's the emergence of organized shoplifters often working in groups taking whatever they want with audacity and intimidation. Some of them may ride Huffys. I don't know. But it definitely demands a new and different level of enforcement. Raising the determining value of theft between misdemeanors and felonies was designed to lower the burden on the judicial and prison system, but that may have some unintended consequences, too. The bill in question responds to untrained, low-wage employees being asked to solve the problem, and it makes perfect sense. 

Declaring that libs love shoplifters is an easy but stupid take. Not surprised by the posters who went there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1

The whole “there’s too much crime right now, so let’s stop prosecuting crime” takes are quite astounding.  :laughpound

Declaring someone said Libs love shoplifters is an easy but stupid take.  Not surprised by the posters who went there.  The correct post would have said “pro-shoplifting” Which as AOC famously said people are just trying to feed themselves and looking for bread as they walk out with stolen Nikes and clothes.   

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you mean to tell me the dudes at the store were not intimidated by an adolescent shoplifter on a Huffy? 

They should have b!^@hed slapped you just for owning a Huffy. 

I'll chalk this up to another Teach rant against something he hasn't bothered to learn about. 

What you mean is "God, he is right again and I agree BUT I hate agreeing with him/her so I have to pretend that shoplifting is totally awesome"

I think every single time we "argue" we end up agreeing that I was right.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact: retail stores lose three times more money every year to employee theft than they do shoplifting. And that's been the case forever.

Interestingly enough, those employee thieves don't see themselves as criminals, and apparently we don't, either. 

The problem in San Francisco and other cities isn't the tweakers, teenagers and kleptomaniacs who've always been around,  it's the emergence of organized shoplifters often working in groups taking whatever they want with audacity and intimidation. Some of them may ride Huffys. I don't know. But it definitely demands a new and different level of enforcement. Raising the determining value of theft between misdemeanors and felonies was designed to lower the burden on the judicial and prison system, but that may have some unintended consequences, too. The bill in question responds to untrained, low-wage employees being asked to solve the problem, and it makes perfect sense. 

Declaring that libs love shoplifters is an easy but stupid take. Not surprised by the posters who went there. 

Amen!

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The whole “there’s too much crime right now, so let’s stop prosecuting crime” takes are quite astounding.  :laughpound

Declaring someone said Libs love shoplifters is an easy but stupid take.  Not surprised by the posters who went there.  The correct post would have said “pro-shoplifting” Which as AOC famously said people are just trying to feed themselves and looking for bread as they walk out with stolen Nikes and clothes.   

You know the easiest way to lower the crime in your city?  Not make anything a crime.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

What you mean is "God, he is right again and I agree BUT I hate agreeing with him/her so I have to pretend that shoplifting is totally awesome"

I think every single time we "argue" we end up agreeing that I was right.

point to where I am wrong

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

point to where I am wrong

You aren't, we are both right.  You are agreeing with me, again! We almost always agree you just seem to get upset about it.

We both think shoplifting is bad, we both think it should be treated as a crime.

I think you just don't like how easy I make things.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

You aren't, we are both right.  You are agreeing with me, again! We almost always agree you just seem to get upset about it.

We both think shoplifting is bad, we both think it should be treated as a crime.

I think you just don't like how easy I make things.

I can't agree that the answer to these issues is easy, but I do believe you are very simple. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1