The Democrat Utopia

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

What exactly are "they" having both ways? And who are they?

I think "they" are people that want open immigration BUT don't like it if it impacts voting that could hurt their goals.

I disagree though, we should have open (or as open as possible) immigration and once people come here they should be allowed to vote.  That is important.  Voting should be for everyone (I wish they would lower the age to 16) and it should be as easy as a process as possible. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think "they" are people that want open immigration BUT don't like it if it impacts voting that could hurt their goals.

I disagree though, we should have open (or as open as possible) immigration and once people come here they should be allowed to vote.  That is important.  Voting should be for everyone (I wish they would lower the age to 16) and it should be as easy as a process as possible. 

That's not what was said though.

12 hours ago, nic said:

There are certainly some whackos in congress I would like to get rid of, but I am not in their districts. MTG really has no business being there. She is just an agitator. There is obviously evidence Trump believed some of these conspiracy theories surrounding Jan 6th and his reinstatement as President. Those conspiracies came from extremists. I think he seeks and accepts adoration from any source. It doesn't matter to him where the support comes from, which is scary. This is anecdotal :ahhhhhhhh but I know many smart and good people that think he is the savior despite having many faults. These are the same people that end up at the bottom of pyramid schemes. :)

As mentioned, the conspiracy theories about a rigged election were started by Donald Trump before both of his elections, and sold heavily and non-stop to his supporters, often with fundraising messages attached.  Since 70% of GOP voters now believe Joe Biden's election was illegitimate, you'd have to consider the entire party extremist. It's really a coin toss whether Donald Trump is pathologically narcissistic enough to believe he actually won a landslide victory, or whether he knows perfectly well he lost and is pulling out the stops in a last desperate grift. Either one suggests a dangerous person.

It's pretty important that you understand the J6 conspiracy didn't come from outside extremists. 

• Plus1 1

"No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute," she retorted. Grisham cited restrictions on free speech as an example of how rights can be curtailed in emergency situations. 

Sounds like someone else we all know and love.

• Plus1 1
On 9/8/2023 at 9:52 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm….Trump created the conspiracy theories. 

Seriously? I think you give him too much credit. 

12 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As mentioned, the conspiracy theories about a rigged election were started by Donald Trump before both of his elections, and sold heavily and non-stop to his supporters, often with fundraising messages attached.  Since 70% of GOP voters now believe Joe Biden's election was illegitimate, you'd have to consider the entire party extremist. It's really a coin toss whether Donald Trump is pathologically narcissistic enough to believe he actually won a landslide victory, or whether he knows perfectly well he lost and is pulling out the stops in a last desperate grift. Either one suggests a dangerous person.

It's pretty important that you understand the J6 conspiracy didn't come from outside extremists. 

Not QAnon?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, nic said:

It's good to hear people are coming to their senses. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/507023/say-birth-gender-dictate-sports-participation.aspx

IMO, if making things "fair" for 1 transgender woman makes things unfair for 99 bio women, then the rules shouldn't be changed. And things get unfair when a below average transgender woman athlete plays a female sport is in the starting lineup and dominates all of the competition because they are way stronger than any woman is naturally.

• TBH 2
On 9/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, Moiraine said:

IMO, if making things "fair" for 1 transgender woman makes things unfair for 99 bio women, then the rules shouldn't be changed. And things get unfair when a below average transgender woman athlete plays a female sport is in the starting lineup and dominates all of the competition because they are way stronger than any woman is naturally.

Ehhh, I don't think "fair" means that it is good for the majority.  

If a person born as a boy decides that they are a girl, that is where they should be playing sports, if they are going to play sports, as a girl.  

• Haha 1