The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Funny how so many on the left or right are against something in public but for it in private. 

I think it is because they are not really "left"

They just use that to their advantage.  We have a lot of posters here that use a very good quote, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them" and it is totally accurate.

She is not a democrat or left leaning, she is a user of power to her advantage, as most people are.  She took the path of least resistance to get power.  I have said over and over, most people do not really care about "issues", it is an act because it does something for them.

• Plus1 2

I have been pointing out issues in the cities with crime. Most large city leaders are Blue. The Dallas mayor just flipped to Republican. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americas-cities-need-republicans-and-im-becoming-one-dallas-texas-mayor-965dbaa4?st=tg9afv4xo4ici96

"But I don’t believe I can stay on the sidelines any longer. I have always tried to be honest and say what I think is right for my city. The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism. Our cities desperately need the genuine commitment to these principles (as opposed to the inconsistent, poll-driven commitment of many Democrats) that has long been a defining characteristic of the GOP.

In other words, American cities need Republicans—and Republicans need American cities. When my political hero Theodore Roosevelt was born, only 20% of Americans lived in urban areas. By the time he was elected president, that share had doubled to 40%. Today, it stands at 80%. As America’s cities go, so goes America.

Unfortunately, many of our cities are in disarray. Mayors and other local elected officials have failed to make public safety a priority or to exercise fiscal restraint. Most of these local leaders are proud Democrats who view cities as laboratories for liberalism rather than as havens for opportunity and free enterprise."

• Haha 3
  • TBH 2
26 minutes ago, nic said:

I have been pointing out issues in the cities with crime. Most large city leaders are Blue. The Dallas mayor just flipped to Republican. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dallas-mayor-leaves-democratic-party-switches-to-gop-american-cities-need-republicans

"But I don’t believe I can stay on the sidelines any longer. I have always tried to be honest and say what I think is right for my city. The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism. Our cities desperately need the genuine commitment to these principles (as opposed to the inconsistent, poll-driven commitment of many Democrats) that has long been a defining characteristic of the GOP.

In other words, American cities need Republicans—and Republicans need American cities. When my political hero Theodore Roosevelt was born, only 20% of Americans lived in urban areas. By the time he was elected president, that share had doubled to 40%. Today, it stands at 80%. As America’s cities go, so goes America.

Unfortunately, many of our cities are in disarray. Mayors and other local elected officials have failed to make public safety a priority or to exercise fiscal restraint. Most of these local leaders are proud Democrats who view cities as laboratories for liberalism rather than as havens for opportunity and free enterprise."

Cities are big because people flock to them.  Why would people flock to cities if they were bad for opportunity and free enterprise?

There are more crimes in big cities usually because of more people are there.  Drug dealers like big cities because there are more customers.  This is a problem that needs addressed.  But to act like Omaha is worse for business than Norfolk, NE is silly.  Large business flock to big cities because of infrastructure and customers; things usually made possible through public investment.  By all means, come down hard on crime.  But sucks to be businesses in cities that are unwilling to invest in making the cities easier to do business in...