The Democrat Utopia

3 hours ago, nic said:

Google is "fixing" Gemini. Everyone knows where Gemini started out. Its too late for that. Maybe Google should leave Gemini alone, let it learn and evolve, and see it becomes conservative? Ba Da Bum. :cowbell:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/google-releases-new-gemini-update-give-users-more-control-ai-chatbot-responses

Still have no idea why you think this is a democrat thing.

• Plus1 3

On 3/11/2024 at 2:00 PM, ZRod said:

Still have no idea why you think this is a democrat thing.

If you wanted to create the worst possible example of Wokeness Run Amok, it would be the Gemini ChatBot, and whoever programmed it. I don't know if you can call it a Democrat thing, but it's pretty embarrassing. 

In the spirit of machine learning, Gemini is in the process of correcting itself. 

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you wanted to create the worst possible example of Wokeness Run Amok, it would be the Gemini ChatBot, and whoever programmed it. I don't know if you can call it a Democrat thing, but it's pretty embarrassing. 

In the spirit of machine learning, Gemini is in the process of correcting itself. 

I mean a basic understanding of AI would tell you that it's not a left or right thing. These algorithms are usually program to pull data from the internet and their output typically reflects some semblance of society as a whole. They'll always need to be refined to improve the output, but it's not like somebody is pulling a lever to only give a certain result.

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

They'll always need to be refined to improve the output, but it's not like somebody is pulling a lever to only give a certain result.

With some things it is absolutely exactly like that. Somebody is making choices downstream to stifle and censor the bots responses to all sorts of prompts (had a lot of fun at a party asking chatgpt to tell me a joke about men, which it would, and then asking it to tell me a joke about women, which it would refuse to do).

Stupid. 

we already have a massive labor shortage. Now, he wants to make it mandatory people work less, or I’m guessing everything over 32 hours is overtime?  

I’m all for 32 hour work weeks. Game on…that would be awesome if a company can do it. Yes, I know there have been companies that claim their production doesn’t drop. If you’re one of those companies, DO IT!!!!  It would be a great benefit for your employees. But, some places just absolutely can’t do that…..like us. We have to run 24/7.  So, we run 12 hour shifts. People work 7 days out of 14.  Our people love that schedule. 

Fine…hire more people?  They aren’t there to hire.  

Dumb. 

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean a basic understanding of AI would tell you that it's not a left or right thing. These algorithms are usually program to pull data from the internet and their output typically reflects some semblance of society as a whole. They'll always need to be refined to improve the output, but it's not like somebody is pulling a lever to only give a certain result.

You may have missed some of the early fireworks. Among the many stupid things Gemini AI has done is put Black people into historic photos, including pre-integration military units and sports teams. When users told Gemini that there were no Black players on the 1923 St. Louis Cardinals as Gemini depicted, Gemini gave them a little lecture on inclusivity, apparently having been programmed to favor diversity over historical accuracy. Stuff like that. 

• TBH 2
50 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Brings me back to this!

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You may have missed some of the early fireworks. Among the many stupid things Gemini AI has done is put Black people into historic photos, including pre-integration military units and sports teams. When users told Gemini that there were no Black players on the 1923 St. Louis Cardinals as Gemini depicted, Gemini gave them a little lecture on inclusivity, apparently having been programmed to favor diversity over historical accuracy. Stuff like that. 

Perhaps some of those 1923 Cardinals IDENTIFIED as being black.  I mean, we don't know. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
52 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, was it actually programmed that way or is it a reflection of where we're at as a society?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Again, was it actually programmed that way or is it a reflection of where we're at as a society?

Even at our most well-intentioned, it's hard to imagine the larger internet collective so overtly advising Ai to rewrite history, and that's not taking into account the half that actively prefers to whitewash things like slavery. 

But it's a damn interesting question.