The Democrat Utopia

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Ok…..just think of the concept. 

It’s f#&%ing stupid. 

Yea it’s absolutely moronic.  and again, probably unconstitutional.  

@RedDenver lots of pages to sift through though for you unfortunately.  I’m not taking the time to do it.   This link was embedded in a Forbes article as the genesis of Biden’s  unrealized gains tax proposal 

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/131/General-Explanations-FY2025.pdf

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok, explain the reality to me about taxing unrealized gains. 

the concept is beyond idiotic. 

I haven't seen a single person on here say that it wasn't a bad idea, I've personally agreed with you that the concept is stupid, but the tweet you posted isn't even factual. It's a made up scenario that has no basis in what's being proposed. It's just a lie meant to trigger people.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would also love an explanation as to how those people get their money back if/when a persons portfolio goes down in value and suddenly they are taxed on unrealized gains that weren’t even gains after all.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s a f#&%ing stupid idea. 

I don’t care.  It’s still stupid. 

I never said it wasn’t stupid. I was just looking for a more informative source than a MAGA themed doll Twitter account presenting a wildly misleading summation.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't the concept similar to property taxes?

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yeah, that fits the profile.  

I don't know what's happening at Ivy League schools, but Democrats need to pack whatever this stuff is onto a rocket and fire it into the nearest supermassive blackhole, never to be seen or heard from again. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Isn't the concept similar to property taxes?

I don't know what's happening at Ivy League schools, but Democrats need to pack whatever this stuff is onto a rocket and fire it into the nearest supermassive blackhole, never to be seen or heard from again. 

• Plus1 1

“It used to be you would go home at the end of the day, most people would go, ‘Oh, 'Cheers' is on,” he told the publication. “‘Oh, 'M.A.S.H.' is on, oh, 'Mary Tyler Moore' is on. ... You just expected, there’ll be some funny stuff we can watch on TV tonight. Well, guess what? Where is it? This is the result of the extreme left and PC crap, and people worrying so much about offending other people."

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jerry-seinfeld-comments-extreme-left-pc-crap-response-rcna150008

• Haha 3
  • Fire 3