The Democrat Utopia

10 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

A lot of really red states in that list. Thanks for sharing. 

In a Democrat-controlled WH.  Continents next?

You can close your eyes if you'd like, but the data shows leftist policy is broken when it comes to violent crime.  Partly because they do so little to treat the root cause and instead inflame its errancy.  

• Haha 3
  • TBH 2

44 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

A lot of really red states in that list. Thanks for sharing. 

amazing.....Where are all the big cities with democratic mayors  in blue states with democratic govs?   shouldn't they be at the top of the list according to AO?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, commando said:

amazing.....Where are all the big cities with democratic mayors  in blue states with democratic govs?   shouldn't they be at the top of the list according to AO?

Exactly the point I was going to make. Violent crime is generally tried and legislated under the jurisdiction of the state government. Most of the cities listed are places where a Dem mayor is elected in large cities in red states in a effort to mitigate the disaster that the cities are burdened with under the state government. There is literally not much a mayor can do to change the outcomes of policies enacted by the state. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Of course leftists won't see the corollary.  "Governor's fault."  

:lol:

what f#&%ing corollary are you taking about?    why are blue cities in blue states not at the top of that list you posted if their policies are leading to the violence? 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

In a Democrat-controlled WH.  Continents next?

You can close your eyes if you'd like, but the data shows leftist policy is broken when it comes to violent crime.  Partly because they do so little to treat the root cause and instead inflame its errancy.  

If you actually stopped and really analyzed this more, just based on what you said even, you might actually surprise yourself. You might even go down a road where you question current gun laws. But you won't. Instead you'll accuse others of closing their eyes. 

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Exactly the point I was going to make. Violent crime is generally tried and legislated under the jurisdiction of the state government. Most of the cities listed are places where a Dem mayor is elected in large cities in red states in a effort to mitigate the disaster that the cities are burdened with under the state government. There is literally not much a mayor can do to change the outcomes of policies enacted by the state. 

America's violent cultural issue is much more relevant to the discussion that blaming a governor.   So the mayors are the ones to clean ups the "red" mess at the state policy level, yet red districts around it to not have the same levels of crime?  

It's a conservative issue, not cultural, no culpability for the mayors, no corollary to big city at all?  Just conservatism?  SMH.

What was Lori Lighfoot's excuse?

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, commando said:

what f#&%ing corollary are you taking about?    why are blue cities in blue states not at the top of that list you posted if their policies are leading to the violence? 

i wonder why this question isn't being answered?

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder why this question isn't being answered?

Red cities, agnostic of governorship, are not littering the list.  It's leftist cities.  I'd contend there's a bigger issue than Governor vs Mayor.  

But, if we want to stay there.  Same linked site on page 294.  We can't blame Indiana's governor for this list.  And I have my musings on why Colorado Springs is here...

5 Worst Cities for Mass Shootings in the US

1. Boulder, Colorado
  2. San Jose, California
  3. Indianapolis, Indiana
  4. Atlanta, Georgia
  5. Colorado Springs, Colorado
  • Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Red cities, agnostic of governorship, are not littering the list.  It's leftist cities.  I'd contend there's a bigger issue than Governor vs Mayor.  

But, if we want to stay there.  Same linked site on page 294.  We can't blame Indiana's governor for this list.  And I have my musings on why Colorado Springs is here...

5 Worst Cities for Mass Shootings in the US

1. Boulder, Colorado
  2. San Jose, California
  3. Indianapolis, Indiana
  4. Atlanta, Georgia
  5. Colorado Springs, Colorado

you said the democratic policies are leading to all the shootings.    yet the list you provided should have been dominated by blue cities in blue states if it was democratic policies leading to all the killing.     this is a different list i will have to go check but why was the original list not dominated by the blue states and blue cities?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, commando said:

you said the democratic policies are leading to all the shootings.    yet the list you provided should have been dominated by blue cities in blue states if it was democratic policies leading to all the killing.     this is a different list i will have to go check but why was the original list not dominated by the blue states and blue cities?

Same link for the data on p. 294.  

"All" is exaggerative and never stated.  The lists I provided happen to be dominated by leftist cities.  Your peers' retorts are the red states/governors are the ones holding the mayors back from true reform.   Lori Lightfoot likes that take. 

At the state and city level, I'd contend it's not actually the office of either that is the predominant issue.  The data shows where it's happening, not why.  There's a violent cultural issue in America.  Even within these cities the plurality/majority of violent crime happens specific areas of a city.  Is this the governor's fault?  I'd even buy in to it not being the mayor's fault (primarily).  

• Plus1 1