The Democrat Utopia

22 hours ago, knapplc said:

BS. This is Congress' purview. This is a crime against the very foundation of the nation.

If the politicians believe that, then they sure are not trying very hard. Seems like that commission vote was more about getting senators on record than actually prosecuting anyone. Two democratic senators and 9 republican senators didn’t even show up for the vote.

Edit: just saw this.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/politics/oath-keepers-capitol-riot-charged/index.html

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

Ah. I see where this is all coming from.

I am glad you do. Not sure I do. I think the original comment was about the filibuster which I think we both agree should go. Just need to be careful what you ask for and when. The filibuster was used 327 times in 2020. Only about a dozen were successful. One of those was COVID relief. I think the Dems and Republicans are too addicted to stopping the other side. I would bet they do not kill it. They are too scared about what happens when the other side wins the senate.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/cloture/116.htm

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, funhusker said:

Someday you folks will get it.  The “yuge” problem with Trump is not “what” he always said, but “how” he always said it.

For example: we can secure a border without making enemies of the people on the other side.  I feel like the point of the past 5 years has gone over everyone’s head!

Ahhh, let’s just bypass the facts of what what said and worry about whether they were said in politically correct language.  If it wasn’t than we will just dismiss everything as “debunked” or “mostly false” or “true but misleading”.  That way we as the media can just quietly correct the record years later when the politically correct person is in charge. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhh, let’s just bypass the facts of what what said and worry about whether they were said in politically correct language.  If it wasn’t than we will just dismiss everything as “debunked” or “mostly false” or “true but misleading”.  That way we as the media can just quietly correct the record years later when the politically correct person is in charge. 

Nope.  You still don’t get it.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Wow...that went over your head. 

• Plus1 1

I've moved several posts out of here to Offending Posts/Tangent Thread in the Woodshed.

Regardless of personal opinions of the phrase "kung flu," it does not belong here as part of honest and cultured conversation.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nic said:

Do you know what the % was? Biden won this district by 23%....or so I read. 

Edit: NM...25%

I feel like it was a margin enough for a centrist candidate to come forth and be successful. Not a Republican and not a Democrat.

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I feel like it was a margin enough for a centrist candidate to come forth and be successful. Not a Republican and not a Democrat.

My first reaction to this was “no way”, the district is too far left. But now I am trying to think through what would be an indicator of whether a centrist could win...

22 minutes ago, nic said:

My first reaction to this was “no way”, the district is too far left. But now I am trying to think through what would be an indicator of whether a centrist could win...

I feel like honestly very few districts are far left or right. I think the news gives us a too distorted view of these things.

Most everything is a shade of purple. 

• Plus1 1