Frost Gets Huskers to B1G CCG When?

First Trip to CCG under Frost  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Did Scott's comments in the introductory pressers change any opinions?  I"m still saying year 3, but I have a much stronger feeling that the product on the field will be much more likable in year one.  

I agree, but the poll question is about when we're back in the B1G CCG. I'd say year three myself, but as long as we're showing steady, sustained progress, I'll be happy. 

14 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Did Scott's comments in the introductory pressers change any opinions?  I"m still saying year 3, but I have a much stronger feeling that the product on the field will be much more likable in year one.  

Year one could be rough for a lot of reasons... namely the schedule. If it's not the toughest schedule in the country then it will be Top 5 or Top 10. I think a lot is going to have to go right to even be bowl eligible at this point.

I think year two is the optimistic answer and year three is the safer answer. I think they have the raw talent to contend in the B1G but I think the bigger concerns are how quickly Scott's culture changes take hold and how quickly the players get comfortable in the scheme.

5 hours ago, Enhance said:

Year one could be rough for a lot of reasons... namely the schedule. If it's not the toughest schedule in the country then it will be Top 5 or Top 10. I think a lot is going to have to go right to even be bowl eligible at this point.

I think year two is the optimistic answer and year three is the safer answer. I think they have the raw talent to contend in the B1G but I think the bigger concerns are how quickly Scott's culture changes take hold and how quickly the players get comfortable in the scheme.

For some reason that seems to happen at a glacier pace at Nebraska.

I'm going to go with year 2.  Looking at the schedules, ours appears to be more favorable than Wisconsin's and Iowa's.  And we have both of the those teams at home.  There's a real opportunity there.

And of course, now that I've actually read the thread I see it's already been mentioned.

Edited by The Dude
And of course, now that I've actually read the thread I see it's already been mentioned.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

How so?

Sure thing, at UCF it was like the program fell through a trap door in 2015 when they went 0-12 as they went 12-1 in '13 and 9-4 in '14.  When Frost took over he at least had some guys on the roster who had won at a high level in college.  To use a MMA term, it's like UCF got flash KO'd in 2015 but they were able to bounce back quickly. 

With Frost taking over at Nebraska they've been getting beat on for the last 3 years under Riley.  First year was gut punch after gut punch with the ways Nebraska was losing and it was year 1 after Pelini got fired who whether you love him or hate him at least had the team winning on a consistent basis.  Year 2 you lose all your momentum after the UCLA win because of the SF27 tragedy.  To Riley's credit, he did a masterful job holding the team together.  Unfortunately, I thought the team just ran out of gas after the Wisconsin loss and Nebraska closed the season on a pretty negative note.  Year 3, things are supposed to be looking up, Tanner Lee is looking great and we've got the best hair in the business as the new flashy D coordinator.  Then the 1H of Oregon happens and we realize that we are completely, utterly screwed.  Nebraska has slowly been sinking into mediocrity for a while so that's why I think Frost inherited a tough spot.  Plus, if we're being completely honest, UCF is arguably the top dog in that conference with Houston.  They have massive recruiting advantages over almost everyone else in their conference. 

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

Sure thing, at UCF it was like the program fell through a trap door in 2015 when they went 0-12 as they went 12-1 in '13 and 9-4 in '14.  When Frost took over he at least had some guys on the roster who had won at a high level in college.  To use a MMA term, it's like UCF got flash KO'd in 2015 but they were able to bounce back quickly. 

With Frost taking over at Nebraska they've been getting beat on for the last 3 years under Riley.  First year was gut punch after gut punch with the ways Nebraska was losing and it was year 1 after Pelini got fired who whether you love him or hate him at least had the team winning on a consistent basis.  Year 2 you lose all your momentum after the UCLA win because of the SF27 tragedy.  To Riley's credit, he did a masterful job holding the team together.  Unfortunately, I thought the team just ran out of gas after the Wisconsin loss and Nebraska closed the season on a pretty negative note.  Year 3, things are supposed to be looking up, Tanner Lee is looking great and we've got the best hair in the business as the new flashy D coordinator.  Then the 1H of Oregon happens and we realize that we are completely, utterly screwed.  Nebraska has slowly been sinking into mediocrity for a while so that's why I think Frost inherited a tough spot.  Plus, if we're being completely honest, UCF is arguably the top dog in that conference with Houston.  They have massive recruiting advantages over almost everyone else in their conference. 

Im sorry but none of that  adds up to us in a much worse situation than UCF was. We don't have 4-8 roster talent by any means and we play in arguably the weakest p5 division. 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Im sorry but none of that  adds up to us in a much worse situation than UCF was. We don't have 4-8 roster talent by any means and we play in arguably the weakest p5 division. 

You are what your record says you are.  Nebraska might not have 4-8 talent, but right now they are a 4-8 team.  While I agree with you that the Big Ten West is the weakest P5 division, Nebraska has shown zero ability to beat the top teams in the division outside of NW over the past few years.  It looks like you and I disagree on this particular point and that's totally cool.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

You are what your record says you are.  Nebraska might not have 4-8 talent, but right now they are a 4-8 team.  While I agree with you that the Big Ten West is the weakest P5 division, Nebraska has shown zero ability to beat the top teams in the division outside of NW over the past few years.  It looks like you and I disagree on this particular point and that's totally cool.

Well if you are what your record says you are, UCF was 0-12 which is objectively worse than 4-8. We aren't in the greatest place but to say we are in a much worse situation than UCF just isn't correct. Was UCF the better situation? Maybe, I'd argue no but its debatable. But Nebraska much worse? That is just incorrect imo. But as you said, you have a different point of view and thats totally fine. 

• Plus1 1