Income Inequality

The funny thing is...a lot of these guys on the list are your fake SJW's...they rip on capitalism and conservatives and the president...they talk about how charitable they are and how they are going to leave their money to charities when they die...

And right now...I am not sure if I heard any of those guys say or do anything (legit) to help.  

I think Mark Cuban has, but that is the only one I know of for sure.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The funny thing is...a lot of these guys on the list are your fake SJW's...they rip on capitalism and conservatives and the president...they talk about how charitable they are and how they are going to leave their money to charities when they die...

And right now...I am not sure if I heard any of those guys say or do anything (legit) to help.  

I think Mark Cuban has, but that is the only one I know of for sure.

What is an SJW?

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Social justice warriors. It's the type of people who, rightly or wrongly, tend to get offended by everything, highly value correct labels for specific groups of people, support things like safe spaces/free speech zones/etc.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

99% of the Social Justice Warriors are super amazing people...

1% of them are nutbars...sadly it is the 1% that make the news and social media.

I've always thought SJW as an insult is dumb. If you're not a social justice warrior, then you're either not in favor of a just society or are too cowardly to fight for it.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've always thought SJW as an insult is dumb. If you're not a social justice warrior, then you're either not in favor of a just society or are too cowardly to fight for it.

There's an element of truth to it because there are clearly people who take the SJW thing too far.

But yeah, the majority of time, it's just a lazy slur used by bad people.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

There's an element of truth to it because there are clearly people who take the SJW thing too far.

But yeah, the majority of time, it's just a lazy slur used by bad people.

Same with "virtue signaling."  There are definitely people who crave attention for doing mundane kind things, but the majority of the time you see someone using it as a slur, that person has basically no good virtues.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Same with "virtue signaling."  There are definitely people who crave attention for doing mundane kind things, but the majority of the time you see someone using it as a slur, that person has basically no good virtues.

I disagree with this. I and many around me often criticize people on the basis of virtue signaling. Not because (in my opinion) we lack virtue, but because we're comfortable and secure in our virtue and find it annoying and silly to see people be performative in signaling their virtue. I see this behavior nonstop on twitter. The millenial urban creative profession/gig economy twitterspheres are probably particularly full of this type of behavior. 

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I disagree with this. I and many around me often criticize people on the basis of virtue signaling. Not because (in my opinion) we lack virtue, but because we're comfortable and secure in our virtue and find it annoying and silly to see people be performative in signaling their virtue. I see this behavior nonstop on twitter. The millenial urban creative profession/gig economy twitterspheres are probably particularly full of this type of behavior. 

Okay, help me out, what is Virtue Signaling...