Healthcare Reform

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The health care industry is going to be less than excited about the government dictating what they will pay.

It will affect the entire health care industry quality, R&D and talent level.

Yeah I guess thats why every other country with socialized medicine has terrible quality of care. Oh wait, they kick our a$$ and spend less money in every single area. I guess hospitals would be upset they wont be able to price gouge patients and bankrupt them anymore if this were to pass in the future. 

Do you plan on getting on medicare when you are 65? Probably a bad idea if you ask me. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yeah I guess thats why every other country with socialized medicine has terrible quality of care. Oh wait, they kick our a$$ and spend less money in every single area. I guess hospitals would be upset they wont be able to price gouge patients and bankrupt them anymore if this were to pass in the future. 

Do you plan on getting on medicare when you are 65? Probably a bad idea if you ask me. 

You have a broad, utopian view of how "others" do it.

They have issues too.

And I'm not saying reform isn't good.

I'm saying Bernie's bill ain't gonna happen as is.  Thankfully.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TheSker said:

I think this is giving Bernie quite a bit too much credit.

Bernie knows his bill.  And at this point, that's all it is.  And the party he is seeking the nomination for isn't sold on it.

Cheaper isn't always better.

But by all means let's completely villainize our health care system.  It has it's issues.  

But when the federal and state government are running the health care show.......yikes.

You should try watching the video as you're responding to what you think it'll say and not to what's actually in it.

9179-figure-11.png

They effed up the wording of the question by adding an “or” in there, but 59% support medicare-for-all oe a national health plan for all Americans.

So I disagree with the notion that Democrats aren’t on board with it. If 59% of the general public approve, then more than 59% of Democrats approve. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, Frott Scost said:

Yeah I guess thats why every other country with socialized medicine has terrible quality of care. Oh wait, they kick our a$$ and spend less money in every single area.

How many other countries went from a completely corrupt price gouging system that big pharma Corp could dictate to Government regulation?

10 minutes ago, Redux said:

How many other countries went from a completely corrupt price gouging system that big pharma Corp could dictate to Government regulation?

They never had that system in the first place because there are some things that should be common sense.

And UK is only country where govt. regulates healthcare.  The others are just the payer.

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

They never had that system in the first place because there are some things that should be common sense.

That's the difference.  As TheSker was alluding to, we could see a massive dip in quality chalked up to the "forced regulations" from the Government influence.  Really though, it will just be them trying to find a way to stay insanely rich without charging $1,000 for an IV or $5,000 for a 2 mile ambulance ride.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's the difference.  As TheSker was alluding to, we could see a massive dip in quality chalked up to the "forced regulations" from the Government influence.  Really though, it will just be them trying to find a way to stay insanely rich without charging $1,000 for an IV or $5,000 for a 2 mile ambulance ride.

So your solution is to just keep as is?

Is there a dip in quality with medicare patients now?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

So we shpuld just let them do it this way intstead of trying to improve the system? Fact of the matter is healthcare for profit is the worst idea capitalism has ever come up with and we need to change it because it doesn't work for the consumer. Its not a fair system when the business can leverage life for profit.

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, Redux said:

The bolded is a worn out talking point that the health care industry uses to scare people into change.  There is tons of data showing that a different system like what is used in other industrialized countries actually performs better with better results and is about 1/3 the cost. 

Back when I was a Republican, I fell for this line.....not anymore.

• Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So we shpuld just let them do it this way intstead of trying to improve the system? Fact of the matter is healthcare for profit is the worst idea capitalism has ever come up with and we need to change it because it doesn't work for the consumer. Its not a fair system when the business can leverage life for profit.

Don't worry, capitalism is working on privatizing public water supplies. I'm sure nothing bad could happen from profiting off something that human survival depends on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/towns-sell-their-public-water-systems--and-come-to-regret-it/2017/07/07/6ec5b8d6-4bc6-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Don't worry, capitalism is working on privatizing public water supplies. I'm sure nothing bad could happen from profiting off something that human survival depends on:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/towns-sell-their-public-water-systems--and-come-to-regret-it/2017/07/07/6ec5b8d6-4bc6-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html

Hmmmm.....I guess rubbing noses with dictators is more important.

President Trump campaigned on a promise to rebuild the nation’s infrastructure, but his budget would reduce federal aid for water projects. It eliminates a $498 million loan program that helps rural communities fund water projects. And it adds only $4 million, or less than half a percent, to the State Revolving Funds, considered one of the government’s most successful programs for local water projects. That means the revolving fund for drinking water would have the lowest budget in real terms since the program began in 1997, according to the Congressional Research Service.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1