Nebrasketball Game #22- @ #20 Ohio State (Monday, January 22- 7PM- BTN)

What will the result of the game be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of the game be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Ohio State single digit win
    • Ohio State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2018 at 01:20 AM

13 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Take away the meaningless 3 at the end and this team scored 2 points in the last 4.5 mins.  

Your Nebraska bricklayers. 

You still have several hours of sunshine left.  What are you doing watching the team you hate when you could be surfing?  You have a night job as a janitor or what?

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Nebraska was up 1 with 5:30 to go and scored 8 points (not 7) the rest of the game. 

the 2 FGs in 12 minutes part was wrong my mistake. it was 3 FG's in 12 minutes see the last 12 minutes of the first half after Jordy's make: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/playbyplay?gameId=400986522

GTFOH with your petty BS. This game was botched by coaching throughout. And especially at the end.

I forgot the coach shots the ball

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I forgot the coach shots the ball

It’s the coaches job to design opportunities and sets to put the players in position to succeed. The coach did not do that and has repeatedly failed to do this in close game situations, and because of that we consistently melt down in one possession/close games. There’s absolutely no excuse for it. Tim Miles is a sub par to mediocre basketball coach. And that’s fine. But after 6 years of watching it I’m tired of it. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

It’s the coaches job to design opportunities and sets to put the players in position to succeed. The coach did not do that and has repeatedly failed to do this in close game situations, and because of that we consistently melt down in one possession/close games. There’s absolutely no excuse for it. Tim Miles is a sub par to mediocre basketball coach. And that’s fine. But after 6 years of watching it I’m tired of it. 

Pretty simple, don't watch.   

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Pretty simple, don't watch.   

So your reaction to me calling out that the team is poorly coached during crucial stretches of the basketball game is that I shouldn’t accept it for what it is and not watch Nebraska basketball anymore? What about when Mike Riley routinely messed up game management/clock management situations in crucial moments? Should I just have accepted that and turned the TV off? 

If that’s the hill you want to die on in here then go for it. Perhaps eventually you’ll join us in reality realizing that Tim Miles has cost us our last 2 road games and countless other times during his stretch here due to being outcoached in clutch moments. He’s under .500 here for a reason. 

8 hours ago, cornheadnation said:

Did anyone expect to go 2-0 in these last 2 games? Big picture, I’d say we should be pretty happy with a split and the loss being close against 2 ranked opponents. I don’t think anything has changed. Defend home court, and steal a couple more on the road and you give yourself a chance to make the tournament. GBR

This is a loser mentality. This team should have won this game yesterday. This is not a traditional year for the B1G, as numerous people  in the media have pointed out. Nebraska likely has to win out to even sniff the tournament bubble at this point. There’s only 2 games left against top 75 teams in RPI: http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_148_Men.html And with the way Minnesota is playing the only real opportunity for a quality win in there is Maryland.

In the most crucial stretch of the season, we scored 10 total points in the last 7:06 of the game after being up 3 with the momentum (and 30% of those 10 points were on a meaningless shot at the end of regulation). Tim Miles failed to draw up a play call out of a time out in a situation where we needed a basket, resulting in a shot clock violation. Isaiah Roby missed the front end of a one and one. Roby turned the ball over with a clear path to the basket. The team played hero ball while the best scorer and guy with over half your team’s points took 2 shots. That’s not just bad coaching, it’s bad basketball. And it’s part of the reason this team is so putrid in close games, especially on the road. 

Edited by seaofred92