Parkland, FL High School Shooting

Just now, knapplc said:

there was an armed guard at columbine.   also at the pulse night club.  and at this latest school shooting in florida.   and there were armed security at the las vegas concert.   the assault rifle wielding nuts have so much firepower that the pistols had very little effect in stopping them when they were employed at columbine and the nightclub.   not sure if the guard in florida would have done much good or not if he hadn't froze......we will never know.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Then prove me wrong.

I'll jump in and do it on this thread, because that's where we happen to be.

The abortion rate in the United States is at an historic low right now, even lower than it was prior to Roe vs. Wade. 

Contraceptives help stop unwanted pregnancies.

Those are facts.

Informed speculation suggests that Planned Parenthood -- by its name and everything they do -- is trying to reduced unwanted pregnancies through private counseling and easily available contraception, and has been highly successful at this.

When unwanted pregnancies happen anyway, abortion is a legal option. The combination of safe, legal abortion, sex education and multiple affordable contraceptive options appears by every available metric to have reduced unwanted pregnancies and the abortions that come with them. 

Prior to Roe v Wade, illegal abortions were common -- again, at an even higher rate than they occur now when abortions are legal. People with money could get safe abortions for their wives, daughters, and mistresses from reputable family doctors. People without money had to rely on unsafe abortions from high risk practitioners. So it would make sense for Planned Parenthood to ensure their services were available in low-income neighborhoods -- including the free contraceptives that cut into those awesome abortion profits -- but in fact Planned Parenthood is in cities and neighborhoods of all incomes and ethnicities. 

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Nope. LPS graduate, from back in the day when America was great.

If you honestly can't think of other possible explanations for the conspiracy theory you posited, you should not be teaching. 

I shouldn’t be teaching because you have no idea what you’re talking about and are too ignorant to realize I’m right...solid logic.

Sanger’s eugenics creed is clearly stated in her speech “My Way to Peace” (1932). The centerpiece of the program is vigorous state use of compulsory sterilization and segregation. The first class of persons targeted for sterilization is made up of people with mental or physical disability. “The first step would be to control the intake and output on morons, mental defectives, epileptics.” A much larger class of undesirables would be forced to choose either sterilization or placement in state work camps. “The second step would be to take an inventory of the second group, such as illiterates, paupers, unemployables, criminals, prostitutes, dope-fiends; classify them in special departments under government medical protection and segregate them on farms and open spaces.” Those segregated in these camps could return to mainstream society if they underwent sterilization and demonstrated good behavior. Sanger estimates that 15 million to 20 million Americans would be targeted in this regime of forced sterilization and concentration camps. In Sanger, the humanitarian dream of a world without poverty and illness has deteriorated into a coercive world where the poor, the disabled and the addicted simply disappear.”

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/11/27/margaret-sanger-was-eugenicist-why-are-we-still-celebrating-her

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What is not conservative about anything I have posted?

You can certainly choose to post this, but yesterday morning in the Republican Utopia thread you wrote you chose to leave the Republican party years ago.

But I realize that can be danced around.

31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'll jump in and do it on this thread, because that's where we happen to be.

The abortion rate in the United States is at an historic low right now, even lower than it was prior to Roe vs. Wade. 

Contraceptives help stop unwanted pregnancies.

Those are facts.

Informed speculation suggests that Planned Parenthood -- by its name and everything they do -- is trying to reduced unwanted pregnancies through private counseling and easily available contraception, and has been highly successful at this.

When unwanted pregnancies happen anyway, abortion is a legal option. The combination of safe, legal abortion, sex education and multiple affordable contraceptive options appears by every available metric to have reduced unwanted pregnancies and the abortions that come with them. 

Prior to Roe v Wade, illegal abortions were common -- again, at an even higher rate than they occur now when abortions are legal. People with money could get safe abortions for their wives, daughters, and mistresses from reputable family doctors. People without money had to rely on unsafe abortions from high risk practitioners. So it would make sense for Planned Parenthood to ensure their services were available in low-income neighborhoods -- including the free contraceptives that cut into those awesome abortion profits -- but in fact Planned Parenthood is in cities and neighborhoods of all incomes and ethnicities. 

Planned Parenthood has very little interest in pregnancy prevention. They have far less to do with lower pregnancy rates than people having less sex do. Their big money maker is abortion. 

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

You can certainly choose to post this, but yesterday morning in the Republican Utopia thread you wrote you chose to leave the Republican party years ago.

But I realize that can be danced around.

I didn't see the post, but I don't see how it requires dancing at all. The Republican party doesn't hold a monopoly on conservatism.

• Plus1 2