Parkland, FL High School Shooting

20 minutes ago, commando said:

there are conservatives posting....what was missing was RWNJs.  thanks for bringing that balance back

Then point me in the direction of the pro-lofe, pro-NRA and Second Amendment, pro-lowering taxes, pro-limiting government folks. I’ve yet to see then here. Weird to see a Husker chat board resemble something from HuffPo.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Planned Parenthood has very little interest in pregnancy prevention. They have far less to do with lower pregnancy rates than people having less sex do. Their big money maker is abortion. 

Source?

I mean, when I googled it, Breitbart of all places had a little blurb (not clicking on it) saying their biggest source of revenue is medicaid.

Edited by Moiraine

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Then point me in the direction of the pro-lofe, pro-NRA and Second Amendment, pro-lowering taxes, pro-limiting government folks. I’ve yet to see then here. Weird to see a Husker chat board resemble something from HuffPo.

Well....

I’m a catholic pro life gun owner that likes as low of taxes as possible and reasonable and efficient government. 

But, I’m sure im a libtard wackjob becauss Trump is a disgusting piece of s#!t and I would never belong to a pathetic organization like the NRA or the Republican Party right now. 

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I answered that.

Thanks

Ummmm......try harder. 

• Plus1 2

FWIW, probably nothing, I almost went to Planned Parenthood when I first started using birth control. They were the only place where I wasn't required to have a bunch of tests done on my girl parts before being allowed to take birth control. All of which, btw, cost $. I was a virgin at the time, so I was pretty damn sure I didn't need to get tested for STDs, but it was required at other places.

Edited by Moiraine
10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Planned Parenthood has very little interest in pregnancy prevention. They have far less to do with lower pregnancy rates than people having less sex do. Their big money maker is abortion. 

At this point I don't think you're even a professor. Of anything.

I really hope that's the case. 

• Plus1 6
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The GOP and Trump administration have just dramatically cut taxes, but at the same time it will add a massive amount to the federal deficit and by even non-partisan accounts provide far more relief to the elite class than the common Americans who voted them in.

In the Venn diagram of protecting the Second Amendment and I'll Do Whatever The NRA Says, there's a reasonable middle ground among conservatives that's clearly being tested at the moment across the nation. 

There are a lot of tricky nuances like this that prevent simplistic labelling. 

(this Forum is actually wiser and more nuanced than Huffpo, fwiw)

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Source?

I mean, when I googled it, Breitbart of all places had a little blurb (not clicking on it) saying their biggest source of revenue is medicaid.

Medicaid for what though? This column suggests that 30-40% of their recenue is from abortions. Other estimates I have seen indicate that figure is higher.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/opinion/sunday/douthat-the-medias-blinders-on-abortion.html

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

At this point I don't think you're even a professor. Of anything.

I really hope that's the case. 

Yawn. Insulting those you disagree with because that’s all you’ve got. Surrender noted. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The GOP and Trump administration have just dramatically cut taxes, but at the same time it will add a massive amount to the federal deficit and by even non-partisan accounts provide far more relief to the elite class than the common Americans who voted them in.

In the Venn diagram of protecting the Second Amendment and I'll Do Whatever The NRA Says, there's a reasonable middle ground among conservatives that's clearly being tested at the moment across the nation. 

There are a lot of tricky nuances like this that prevent simplistic labelling. 

(this Forum is actually wiser and more nuanced than Huffpo, fwiw)

When did Democrats/Liberals suddenly become concerned about the deficit and national debt? LOL

But when Trump gets elected and proposes tax cuts, you’re losing your minds over them. Predictable.

this thread has been derailed into the "all about me" thread by ric.  he has no idea how to take his comments to the appropriate threads.  the abortion talk should be in the abortion thread.   his views on education (sex ed spec.) should be in another thread.   the talk about republicans and/or democrats have their own threads.  yet he can't follow simple rules and keep things on topic in any thread.   i would hate to see what he does to his coloring books.   simple guidelines seem to keep him confused. now this thread goes pages at a time without a mention of those kids in florida or the issues raised by that nutjob with a gun down there.

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....

I’m a catholic pro life gun owner that likes as low of taxes as possible and reasonable and efficient government. 

But, I’m sure im a libtard wackjob becauss Trump is a disgusting piece of s#!t and I would never belong to a pathetic organization like the NRA or the Republican Party right now. 

I’m no fan of Trump and preferred a decent human being with more moderate views. But he’s still head and shoulders better than Hillary.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great job NRA. Blame everyone else. 

Real respectable position there. 

Can’t blame her for bringing up facts which in fact the media has hardly talked about.

I haven’t heard the media blame the shooter yet, it’s all gun control this or NRA that.