S/OLB/RB Travis Lewis

From a local San Antonio paper,

Lewis said, "I told Coach Bill Callahan that once I commit, and I told this to Oklahoma, once I commit then I am committed. That is why I didn't make a decision early. I didn't want to be a player that would commit and decommit."

I blame Lewis squarely for being a big disappointment and letdown. You don't make all this hoopla about announcing between NU and OU, make comments like the ones above, give NU your word, and then let them down and screw their recruiting class with a stunt like this. If he would have gone to OU initially, then that is fine. I don't blame Stoops either...he is doing what he is supposed to do...get the best recruits for OU. This is Lewis' fault and the blame (and shame) are all on him.

Tom Lemming said on 1620 this afternoon that Lewis is going to OU and the "only" reason that he was going to oU was because he wants to play RB and not defense....with AP leaving, OU has given him their word that he will get an opportunity on offense and has a great chance to see some time...

Lemming said that at the Army All-Star game, that Lewis DID NOT IMPRESS MANY PEOPLE.... Lemming didn't feel as if it was a MAJOR loss for NU.... Lemming said that Lewis was not happy that he had to play defense in the all-star game, and insisted that he should be a RB and not a LB..... at the last minute, another player (RB) got hurt, and this allowed Lewis to play a little RB in that game...

Lewis told Lemming that his dream was to play RB..... and that was not going to happen at NU.... Lemming insisted that NU has better RB recruits than Lewis anyway .....

If he wasn't going to be happy, I would rather have him leave now instead of after 1 year......because if that would have happened, everyone would once again be questioning BC and all of that garbage...

We will survive this one fellas.....

This has worked in our favor as well in regards to letting the player play the position they want. Cody Glenn wanted to play RB and Texas wanted him to play LB so he came to Nebraska. I'm know he didn't decommit but it's a similar situation.