Russia

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So wonderful of them. 

Tjis piece of s#!t creates this company, kills a lot of people, decides he’s done, heads off to Belarus and retires…..hopefully uncomfortably. 

I don't think it ends this quietly. Putin looks incredibly weak letting Prigozhin even live. Wagner shot down 7 Russian aircraft and killed 13 airmen. There's also rumors that they may have killed some soldiers on the ground while they invaded their own country. I don't care what they want to call it, that's treason.

Putin also, knows that he needs the experience and bodies of Wagner, which is why he offered them the contracts. If the mercs don't take those contracts he's in even deeper s#!t.

Anyway you cut this Putin looks like a beta unless he executes Prigozhin and folds Wagner into the regular military as a specialized unit with a leader loyal to him. If that doesn't happen we could be seeing a lot of those old 90s movie plot lines come to life.

29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't think it ends this quietly. Putin looks incredibly weak letting Prigozhin even live. Wagner shot down 7 Russian aircraft and killed 13 airmen. There's also rumors that they may have killed some soldiers on the ground while they invaded their own country. I don't care what they want to call it, that's treason.

Putin also, knows that he needs the experience and bodies of Wagner, which is why he offered them the contracts. If the mercs don't take those contracts he's in even deeper s#!t.

Anyway you cut this Putin looks like a beta unless he executes Prigozhin and folds Wagner into the regular military as a specialized unit with a leader loyal to him. If that doesn't happen we could be seeing a lot of those old 90s movie plot lines come to life.

I just want both to go down in a blaze of non glory. 

This doesn't smell right. Putin is basically admitting that Wagner was a state-sponsored terrorist group. 

He's admitting to crimes, and the responsibility for all of Wagner's atrocities. Why would he do that?

Russia is becoming more bizarre every day. 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This doesn't smell right. Putin is basically admitting that Wagner was a state-sponsored terrorist group. 

He's admitting to crimes, and the responsibility for all of Wagner's atrocities. Why would he do that?

I think this is setting Prigo up to take the fall. Somehow make this look like money laundering and corruption, not state sponsored terror. How does he make almost the same money from catering and fighting? That's almost $2B to his organizations. That's insane!

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think this is setting Prigo up to take the fall. Somehow make this look like money laundering and corruption, not state sponsored terror. How does he make almost the same money from catering and fighting? That's almost $2B to his organizations. That's insane!

I think it’s to make Putin look stronger to his people. He doesn’t give a rip about war crimes or the international courts. He has to take credit for what Wagner group did and is doing or he looks even weaker internally.

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it’s to make Putin look stronger to his people. He doesn’t give a rip about war crimes or the international courts. He has to take credit for what Wagner group did and is doing or he looks even weaker internally.

That's also plausible, but PMCs are illegal in Russia so there has to be a bigger end game here.

58 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's also plausible, but PMCs are illegal in Russia so there has to be a bigger end game here.

You’re probably correct, there probably is a bigger end game involved but I’ve seen no indication that legality, inside or outside Russia, would be of any concern to Putin. That’s one of the benefits, the rules don’t apply to him.

:snacks:

Bald guy is Surovikin. Apparently he's responsible for civilian atrocities in Syria and Ukraine, and is actually a competent general. As head of all Russian forces he oversaw the retreat from Kherson that prevented some of Russia's best units from being annihilated. Then he was replaced by the guy he originally replaced (Hollywood would never believe these scripts). Interestingly he was also in charge of the unit that killed 3 anti-coup civilians in the 1991 attempted coup in Moscow. He was arrested and jailed, but ultimately released without being charged.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

:snacks:

Bald guy is Surovikin. Apparently he's responsible for civilian atrocities in Syria and Ukraine, and is actually a competent general. As head of all Russian forces he oversaw the retreat from Kherson that prevented some of Russia's best units from being annihilated. Then he was replaced by the guy he originally replaced (Hollywood would never believe these scripts). Interestingly he was also in charge of the unit that killed 3 anti-coup civilians in the 1991 attempted coup in Moscow. He was arrested and jailed, but ultimately released without being charged.

I know there are attractive men in Russia but why do all the military leader and gov ones look like this…

I’ve never seen a guy in the US who looks like this. Like he belongs in a movie making fun of Russians by making everything exaggeratedly Russian-y.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ddc9ef59004a0b7d22787f105d537c8.jpeg

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I know there are attractive men in Russia but why do all the military leader and gov ones look like this…

I’ve never seen a guy in the US who looks like this. Like he belongs in a movie making fun of Russians by making everything exaggeratedly Russian-y.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ddc9ef59004a0b7d22787f105d537c8.jpeg

Probably because the handsome strapping young lads all go off to the meat grinder never to be seen again, while the snivelling snakes are left to steal their sweat hearts.

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Probably because the handsome strapping young lads all go off to the meat grinder never to be seen again, while the snivelling snakes are left to steal their sweat hearts.

I hope I never have a sweat heart. Sounds like what happens right before a heart attack.

• Oh Yeah! 1