Russia

Just now, ZRod said:

This is becoming the most husker thread ever. Arguing about the harvest time of winter wheat in Ukraine in a thread about the Ukraine Russo war.

We might have got it right the first time had it been about corn though.

• Oh Yeah! 1

This guy is one of the only YouTubers who didn't fall for the Russian propaganda while Ukraine was silent on releasing updates about their progress. Russia destroyed a few tanks but most were able to be repaired, and on the same day that occurred Ukraine was still able to advance in that same area. Russia even photoshopped photos in some cases to make old Soviet era tanks look like western tanks. This was proven by matching the same exact smoke pattern to an earlier photo of an old tank.

His videos tend to focus on one area each day. There has been smaller progress in 3 other areas as well, and Ukraine destroyed another building that was lodging hundreds of soldiers on top of an ammo depot in Crimea.

(I tend to ignore the headlines they splash on the thumbnail).

Newest:

Video talking about the tanks destroyed - the area shown here where the tanks were destroyed is where Russia is putting the most soldiers so far.

@Moiraine, I watch that guy too. I think June 9th was a pretty bad day for the Ukraine Army. They lost one of their best tanks before it made it to the front.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/06/09/the-ukrainian-army-lost-a-leopard-2-tank-and-bradley-fighting-vehicles-trying-and-failing-to-breach-russian-defenses-in-southern-ukraine/?sh=166b6e5832c9

The 10th and the 11th sound polar opposite, Ukraine had success in several fronts. Gotta keep "stacking days."

14 hours ago, Gage County said:

@Moiraine, I watch that guy too. I think June 9th was a pretty bad day for the Ukraine Army. They lost one of their best tanks before it made it to the front.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/06/09/the-ukrainian-army-lost-a-leopard-2-tank-and-bradley-fighting-vehicles-trying-and-failing-to-breach-russian-defenses-in-southern-ukraine/?sh=166b6e5832c9

The 10th and the 11th sound polar opposite, Ukraine had success in several fronts. Gotta keep "stacking days."

Thanks for the insight. He reports negative stuff too and was saying only one was lost. Doesn’t mean he’s always right though. 

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Thanks for the insight. He reports negative stuff too and was saying only one was lost. Doesn’t mean he’s always right though. 

My complaints about RFU (Reporting from Ukraine) are trivial to my respect and appreciation for his channel. He's in my top 5.

I think it all comes down to long game at the battle lines. Hope Ukraine can keep stacking days the next 2 week and this really is the start of the Summer Counteroffensive.

1/ Police officers from the Donetsk region have reportedly been rounded up and taken to Mariupol in preparation for deployment to the front line. Their wives are protesting that they have been taken under false pretences and that none of them have agreed to military service. ⬇️Image
2/ The ASTRA Telegram has published a video of a wife angrily protesting to 'Donetsk People's Republic' (DNR) officials. She says that her husband and employees of other municipal departments have been taken to a training ground in Mariupol for pre-deployment training. 
3/ According to the man's wife, the policemen were told, "This is the last time you are training today, the commander is coming, and you are being taken to the first line of demarcation in the 'Cascade' battalion." 
4/ She protests: "Why are they in 'Cascade'? None of them signed a contract.... You are a personnel officer, you understand, if Vasya Pupkin does not want to serve, he does not agree, they cannot force him, just like that, stupidly take and force him, like a dog, into some order. 
5/ "Now they all want to write a resignation letter, according to the law on service in the Interior Ministry, they have the right to do so. Melnikov is now telling us that 'I'll put them in jail and they won't get out alive'". 
6/ In response, an employee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs told the relatives that "training is underway at the training ground as part of professional training in case of a collision with a [Ukrainian] sabotage and reconnaisance group." 
7/ The mobilisation of municipal employees appears to be taking place in several locations in the DNR. According to the 'Mobilisation DNR Live' channel, police officers from the town of Torez in the eastern Donetsk region were rounded up.Image
8/ The channel says that "their wives organised themselves and picked them up from their place of deployment. The men were then chased as deserters." 
9/ More policemen are said to have been rounded up in Amvrosiyivka, south of Torez. There, Mobilisation DNR Live says, "about 30 women recaptured their men."Image
10/ The men are probably being deployed to reinforce Russian troops facing the Ukrainian counter-offensive. It's likely a sign of how serious the situation is for the Russians that they are mobilising even municipal employees to fight in southern Ukraine. /end 
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, commando said:

this could get interesting

Oh...this is going to get really juicy.

A) Now Russian military is going to have to deal with them instead of holding their ground in Ukraine.  

B) Now Russian military isn't going to have Wagner on the front lines helping them.

I'm guessing the summer offensive is about to start.