Russia

18 minutes ago, Decked said:

Cutting aside the name calling/baiting. What is the long term objective to help Ukraine winning this war? It doesn’t seem feasible. They are no step closer to regaining territory than before their counteroffensive. It is an endless money pit for American taxpayers. Russia is committed to dig in & drain American finances and support. Do we really want to fund a war for 5 years? And now with Israel we will continue to fund them too. Meanwhile…China is probing Taiwan every day. It is irrational. Please, tell me the long term goal and what the probability for Ukraine winning is. 

Think about why Putin really wanted Ukraine in the first place, and remember the lines about protecting Russian speaking people are bulls#!t.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Think about why Putin really wanted Ukraine in the first place, and remember the lines about protecting Russian speaking people are bulls#!t.

I know why it was started. I just don’t think Ukraine is going to win. It has become a massive stalemate. Ukraine does not have and will get enough equipment to win. Let alone the manpower cost they’ve already suffered. They will just never recapture all of their territory taken. Or rather, any. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

I am just not sure America can support long term a three prong proxy war. Europe needs to step up. It’s getting tiring being the piggy bank for Europe and the western world. It’s time for the rest of them to contribute more (minus Poland). The American war machine is bankrupting future generations such as myself. Meanwhile enriching the pockets of aging democrats & republicans that have little regard for the future as they will die before real consequences. It’s hard for me to care about Israelis & Ukrainians with debt soaring & spending power decreasing. It’s time for a massive federal spending cut and voting out middle eastern warmongers on both sides. 

much of the value we are giving ukraine is old weapon systems from our dustbin.   it's sunk money on systems that are coming from storage.  sure...not all of it is but a very large portion of it is.  we can let those systems rust and get more outdated or we can give it to ukraine to fight for their freedom from russian domination.  

4 minutes ago, commando said:

much of the value we are giving ukraine is old weapon systems from our dustbin.   it's sunk money on systems that are coming from storage.  sure...not all of it is but a very large portion of it is.  we can let those systems rust and get more outdated or we can give it to ukraine to fight for their freedom from russian domination.  

We are still providing them money to fund their government, training, shells, parts, etc. I am very aware of what is going on here. However, they will never retake any land stolen from them. They simply don’t have the numerical advantage needed nor the amount of equipment. Plus, what they do have is mixed equipment from various countries making it extremely hard to coordinate and find parts, training, & ammunition. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

We are still providing them training, shells, parts, etc. I am very aware of what is going on here. However, they will never retake any land stolen from them. They simply don’t have the numerical advantage needed nor the amount of equipment. Plus, what they do have is mixed equipment from various countries making it extremely hard to coordinate and find parts, training, & ammunition. 

they have retaken a very large part of what russia originally controlled.   and the time may come when ukraine says enough...but until then i think that we should give them what we can.  

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, commando said:

they have retaken a very large part of what russia originally controlled.   and the time may come when ukraine says enough...but until then i think that we should give them what we can.  

They’ve been stalemated since before the massive counteroffensive. After russia redeployed the lines haven’t moved a whole lot. This is a pipe dream. 

57 minutes ago, Decked said:

They’ve been stalemated since before the massive counteroffensive. After russia redeployed the lines haven’t moved a whole lot. This is a pipe dream. 

there was a time when america and her allies were pushed to the brink by the axis powers.    maybe we should have given up then.   i grew up knowing many WW2 vets and maybe i guess i get some optimism and attitudes from them.   IMO america needs to support the fight against dictators like putin. or forever give up on the ideals that generation bestowed upon us

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The facts cleared him:thumbs   It’s nearly unanimous at this point (except for a few hardline holdouts I guess) 

Although it was an investigation rather than legal trial, Trump was "cleared" of charges that his campaign colluded with Russia to help him win election.

Meanwhile it's a stone-cold fact that Putin and Moscow used an army of bots to disrupt the U.S. Presidential election to the benefit of Donald Trump. Also a stone-cold fact that Donald Trump stood next to Putin and told the world he trusted the assurances of Russia's KGB trained leader over the unanimous assessment of America's 17 intelligence agencies.

It's more open to interpretation, but as President, Donald Trump did pretty much everything Vladimir Putin could have wanted from a U.S. President.

Back to stone-cold facts: starting in the late-90s, Donald Trump and Trump Enterprises were highly reliant on Russian and Eastern European oligarchs for their business deals, having pissed off a litany of foreign banks and investors for non-payment and other fraudulent behavior. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, that looks like the Walmart near me with the rising prices and lack of stuff on the shelf.  

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, that looks like the Walmart near me with the rising prices and lack of stuff on the shelf.  

when we pass a law that says no more than 30% inflation every 60 days i will let you compare us to russias economy

• Plus1 1