Russia

GOP Sen JD Vance - Ukraine needs to give up some land.   

Doing Russia's bidding :dunno  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/dec/10/jd-vance-ohio-republican-says-ukraine-will-have-to/

Sen. J.D. Vance said Sunday that U.S. officials should accept the notion that Ukraine is likely to “cede some territory” in its fight against unprovoked Russian aggression.

The Ohio Republican’s remarks come as Congress weighs more aid for Ukraine, with Democrats calling for additional assistance with few if any strings attached and Republicans trying to link aid to more funding to secure the southern U.S. border.

“What’s in America’s best interest is to accept Ukraine is going to have to cede some territory to the Russians and we need to bring this war to a close,” Mr. Vance, who opposes more aid, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But when I think about the great human tragedy here, hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans innocent have been killed in this conflict, the thing that’s in our interest and in theirs is to stop the killing.”

• TBH 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

GOP Sen JD Vance - Ukraine needs to give up some land.   

Doing Russia's bidding :dunno  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/dec/10/jd-vance-ohio-republican-says-ukraine-will-have-to/

Unfortunate, but probably the most logical outcome here. Ukraine is not certainly not taking back Crimea, Luhansk, Kherson, & low likelihood for the rest of the Donetsk/Zaporizhzha oblasts. They are gonna have to lose some territory. 

• TBH 1
55 minutes ago, Decked said:

Unfortunate, but probably the most logical outcome here. Ukraine is not certainly not taking back Crimea, Luhansk, Kherson, & low likelihood for the rest of the Donetsk/Zaporizhzha oblasts. They are gonna have to lose some territory. 

Yes, after this not so overwhelming spring, turned summer, turned fall offensive by Ukraine - the reality is setting in that Russia can and has outlast them with just sheer # of men and munitions.    

17 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Thought we all agreed, that if Ukraine ceded land to Russia to end the war, all Putin would do is wait 10 years for another generation of soldiers and arms to come of age and then attack again for more. There is no appeasing Russia under Putin. To suggest otherwise is failing to understand Putin's mindset. 

This is probably pretty accurate. 

23 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Thought we all agreed, that if Ukraine ceded land to Russia to end the war, all Putin would do is wait 10 years for another generation of soldiers and arms to come of age and then attack again for more. There is no appeasing Russia under Putin. To suggest otherwise is failing to understand Putin's mindset. 

Hence why Europe needs to do more. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe that if we just let Russia win, it ultimately will end up in an all out war in Europe at some point.  You're willing to stop supporting Ukraine with the possibility of that?

I'm not.

Correct. Although I very much doubt any of that happens. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe that if we just let Russia win, it ultimately will end up in an all out war in Europe at some point.  You're willing to stop supporting Ukraine with the possibility of that?

I'm not.

Why do you think "all out war" would occur? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1