Russia

long read but it brings up a solid plan for ukrainian victory.  it talks about the russian strategy and what the west needs to do to help ukraine.   the biggest thing to me is that NATO countries are donating about .2% of their GNP to support ukraine while russia is spending over 1/3 of their GNP on the war.   Putin is banking on the west getting tired of supporting Ukraine (thanks MAGA).   essentially if the west shows that they will continue to support ukraine eventually russian will to continue will collapse.  that is a very short and incomplete summary of this report..   

https://kaitseministeerium.ee/sites/default/files/setting_transatlantic_defence_up_for_success_0.pdf

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, commando said:

long read but it brings up a solid plan for ukrainian victory.  it talks about the russian strategy and what the west needs to do to help ukraine.   the biggest thing to me is that NATO countries are donating about .2% of their GNP to support ukraine while russia is spending over 1/3 of their GNP on the war.   Putin is banking on the west getting tired of supporting Ukraine (thanks MAGA).   essentially if the west shows that they will continue to support ukraine eventually russian will to continue will collapse.  that is a very short and incomplete summary of this report..   

https://kaitseministeerium.ee/sites/default/files/setting_transatlantic_defence_up_for_success_0.pdf

Well, the "west" should not be the US doing everything...

What SHOULD happen, now, is that Poland should (and does) realize that the Commies are super vag's and they should attack.  By march, the war would be over.

Ukraine would be free.  Poland would own/occupy most of that f#&%ing commie nation and most of the people in that commie country would run the f#&% out out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, commando said:

Kind of like the Reagan strategy in the 80s.  He knew the Soviets couldn't keep up the spending and try to match the increased military spending in the USA including 'Star Wars'.  Eventually their system had to yell "uncle".   Helping Ukraine wt a small % has big dividends in weakening the whole Russian system.  

• Plus1 1
On 12/16/2023 at 9:52 PM, teachercd said:

What SHOULD happen, now, is that Poland should (and does) realize that the Commies are super vag's and they should attack.  By march, the war would be over.

Ukraine would be free.  Poland would own/occupy most of that f#&%ing commie nation and most of the people in that commie country would run the f#&% out out there.

…what 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Kind of like the Reagan strategy in the 80s.  He knew the Soviets couldn't keep up the spending and try to match the increased military spending in the USA including 'Star Wars'.  Eventually their system had to yell "uncle".   Helping Ukraine wt a small % has big dividends in weakening the whole Russian system.  

This

• Plus1 1
On 12/16/2023 at 9:52 PM, teachercd said:

While I don't understand all the verbiage...I think you are on the right track here 

15 minutes ago, commando said:

the first F-16s are on their way.   possibly delivered today

I just don't know what these are going to do other than increase the size of their Air Force. It's a great platform, but I don't see it being a game changer with modern AA capabilities.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Need to give them some warthogs!

Same problem as the F-16s. They're most effective when you already have air superiority. Neither side has come close to achieving that.

This is the perfect conflict for stealth technologies, and the fact that Russia hasn't really deployed the Felon beyond their own borders is very telling about how few they have operational and how "stealth" it truly is.