Russia

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, I'm rooting for Ukraine and wanting to celebrate this, but just look at that landscape. War is f#&%ing awful.

Kind of makes you wonder who would want that land after all of this. Mines, unexploded ammo all over, towns and cities in total rubble. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Kind of makes you wonder who would want that land after all of this. Mines, unexploded ammo all over, towns and cities in total rubble. 

I have a former student that is in the military and he is a bomb tech.

I have not seen him in awhile but last time he stopped in to chat he was telling me some crazy bomb stories and how they have to disarm old ones that they find.  

He also told me the Florida strip clubs are a great place for guys in the service.  So....

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have a former student that is in the military and he is a bomb tech.

I have not seen him in awhile but last time he stopped in to chat he was telling me some crazy bomb stories and how they have to disarm old ones that they find.  

He also told me the Florida strip clubs are a great place for guys in the service.  So....

Maybe he should never go into 'intelligence' as a career. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He is really bright but also kind of a goofball.

All he really ever wanted to do was be a bomb tech

To each his own.  Glad he is able to do what he likes and is an expert on in doing it.  I don't think one can be lazy with the on the job training for that one. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

To each his own.  Glad he is able to do what he likes and is an expert on in doing it.  I don't think one can be lazy with the on the job training for that one. 

Right?  Probably not a lot of 'half-assing" it in that line of work

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

It's a common occurrence throughout Europe to find ordinance when you're digging. To this day there are still no-man-lands from WWI.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_rouge

Each year, numerous unexploded shells are recovered from former WWI battlefields in what is known as the iron harvest. According to the Sécurité Civile, the French agency in charge of the land management of Zone Rouge, 300 to 700 more years at this current rate will be needed to clean the area completely.