Russia

4 hours ago, commando said:

i wonder what this is about?  

I believe there are people within Trump's circle who, on the trip back home last night, flat out told him he F'ed up and are pissed.  He then is reading all the responses from people on both sides including some on Foxnews.

This is an attempt to do damage control.  I think I heard the members of congress called this meeting to get answers to what the hell is going on.

This could be the bigliest meeting of his Presidency.  If he can't convince these members of congress that he is in control and doing what's best for America, they very well may turn on him for good and usher him out of office.

Deep down, he knows his Presidency is in trouble.

I've seen some comments from conservative Trumpers asking...why all the outrage when everyone wants good relations with other countries.

So....I've been doing some thinking to try to make sure I'm not just over reacting.  To me, I would have been fine with Trump having a meeting with Putin to try to improve relations....other than three things:

1)  He just has spent the last months demonizing all of our real allies and trying to tear apart every western alliance we have.

2)  When asked, he refused to say anything bad about Putin and Russia even though he was just informed of the indictments of Russians.

3)  The Mueller investigation and ultimate one on one meeting with Putin after we KNOW his campaign met with Russians.

It absolutely baffles me that people can look at these three things and then how he acted in the press conference and still act dumbfounded at the reaction the rest of the world had.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm taking bets that he will say very little other than "witch hunt" "Probe is a disgrace" " Hillary emails" "server".

i think it will be about the new security arrangements he made with putin.   maybe even  that cyber security network he wants to work on with putin.   it will go over well.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My question to republicans would be, what values?  because to me they seem to want to live in Russia, their policies have basically created an Oligopoly, they are fiercely socially conservative on issues like gay rights, they want to bend the political rules through things like gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement  to make sure they are always in power even without being supported by the majority, they want state propaganda for the press.  Ohh and how could I forget, they've been fine with things like torturing people.

In a lot of ways it seems like Republicans want exactly what Russia has.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, commando said:

i think it will be about the new security arrangements he made with putin.   maybe even  that cyber security network he wants to work on with putin.   it will go over well.

I find it interesting that we are now 30 minutes late for him making his statement.  Makes me wonder how much arguing is going on behind the scenes.

Correction.  Now we find out that he is speaking to the press without cameras in the room.

Wow....now that I've heard the statements today.  He is now saying that he misspoke.  He claims that he meant to say, "He doesn't understand why it WOULDN'T be Russia" instead of "....WOULD be Russia."

I wonder if he knows what the definition of "is" is.

What a load of crap.