Russia

13 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

A little bit more about the arrest of the Russian National, Maria Butina, who is charged with acting as an agent for the Russian Federation within the U.S., because it is a BFD.

A very informative Reddit post laid this out fairly well.

She was arrested Friday but we're just finding out today because the indictment was sealed.

She is charged with trying to advance Russian interests within our shores, via relationships fostered through someone the indictment terms "U.S. Person 1," a U.S. citizen & political operative she met in Moscow in 2013. U.S. Person 1 introduced her to American political contacts, including "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION." I'll leave it up to you to determine who "GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION" might be.

She told U.S. Person 1 in March 2015 that "POLITICAL PARTY 1" would likely gain control of the U.S. government after the 2016 elections. Again, you'll have to work out who "POLITICAL PARTY 1" might be.

There is video of her straight up asking Trump himself in 2015 what his foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia would be should he win, specifically whether he would continue sanctions against them. He spits out some predictable anti-Obama blather and states he would likely get along with Putin very well and likely drop sanctions.

U.S. Person 1 sent an email in October of 2016 to an acquaintance covering a variety of topics but stating verbatim "Unrelated to specific presidential campaigns, I've been involved in secruing a VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin and key POLITICAL PARTY 1 leaders through, of all conduits, the [GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION]."

Likewise, he included a tweet pointing out the following:

Torshin is who Butina works for. He's a former Russian Senator but also a high-ranking Russian Mafia member wanted in Spain for money laundering charges. Spanish law enforcement wiretapped him resulting in a tape discussing Don Jr. which has been handed over to Mueller. The Spanish prosecutor: "Don Jr. should be worried."

All of which is to say, again, this is a pretty BFD.

This is becoming huge. There are a lot of allegations and puzzle pieces that are starting to fall in place, and too many coincidences to just be happenstance. The Reddit comments mention all the other puppets Putin tried to create in Europe and how they resemble the Soviet puppets of old. I had actually forgotten that Russia tried to hack Marcon's campaign in the 11th hour. Glad his team was cunning enough to lay a trap for them. It's so sad that I massively respect Macron and Trudaeu as world leaders, over the US President.

The American Public, all of us need to wake up. This is about to become much larger than we ever thought. There are no longer Trump supporters and Never Trumpers. You are either an American or a Russian sympathizer, and the latter is a traitor.

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Watching clips of this and Trump keeps denying that he even knew Putin before this meeting. I don't buy that at all. Does anyone?

I don't think they ever met. Putin is smart enough to know not to personally meet with a target, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a handler for Trump.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Watching clips of this and Trump keeps denying that he even knew Putin before this meeting. I don't buy that at all. Does anyone?

He claimed in an interview from maybe 5 years ago that he had met Putin, but who knows which time he was lying.

Does anyone else think Russia or Trump either has something on Rand Paul or is giving him money? Or is he just a moron? His comments are ridiculous and he voted against the sanctiona. He says the Republicans speaking out against Trump over this are either war hawks or Trump-haters.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Romney's comments and the other tweet posted previously on this thread that states that Putin protested the appointment of Romney as SOS show to me that there is a direct connection between Trump and Putin. Putin is pulling the strings. Putin in his wildest dreams probably couldn't imagine that Trump would become  president.  I suspect that Trump knew he would have to be the puppet the moment he was elected.  He should have bowed out when those access Hollywood tapes came out. But that isn't Trump's style - thus we all suffer because of his arrogance.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Does anyone else think Russia or Trump either has something on Rand Paul or is giving him money? Or is he just a moron? His comments are ridiculous and he voted against the sanctiona. He says the Republicans speaking out against Trump over this are either war hawks or Trump-haters.

Likely a little of column A, a little of column B.

His anti-interventionism assures he doesn't want any kind of military conflict with them, which approximately 0 people are suggesting should occur. But apparently his Libertarian leanings assure he doesn't want to allocate resources or have to rely on the government to implement defenses and security to prevent election tampering from happen again. Apparently we have to wait for the free-market solution from ?????.

Someone claimed Amash, a libertarian in the House, voted against sanctions due to them being too broad. I would assume Paul's justification would be similar.

Haven't seen his comments myself, but if they're as you described, yeah, wow, what an idiot. It's not the first time Paul embarrassed himself in service of Trump.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

For anyone trying to come up with any other reason for Trump's actions, Occam's Razor is your friend. 

Also, this:

Agree - most of the time, the simplest, most straightforward,obvious answer is the correct answer.

1.  Early 2000s Trump Inc run's into financial problems

2.  Trump Inc - near bankruptcy

3.  Banks stop providing loans

4.  Trump gets loan from foreign bank (thanks Judge Kennedy's son)

5.  Russians start buying whole floors on Trump projects

6. Trump's properties are heavily leveraged by Russian cash

7.  Trump refuses to release his taxes

8.  Trump tower meeting wt the Russians

9.  Russian get involved in USA elections to defeat (1st option) or 2ndly to discredit a Clinton presidency

10.  Russia voices disapproval of Romney selection as SOS as he is even harder on Russia than Clinton

11. Trump acting like a lap dog to Putin yesterday

It is clear to me that the simple, clear, straightforward answer is that Putin has the goods on Trump and Trump has to do his bidding.

• Plus1 4