*** 2020 Recruiting ***

Mavric

33 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We only get like 4-8 4 stars a year. We can’t lose 4 a class. We need our 2 deep filled with 4 stars to get to where we want to be. Those guys could provide competition if not win jobs. It is not doom and gloom but it is a big deal. 2/3 of frosts classes have become transfer city 

Yes, but my point is the class is not a bust at this point with some contributors already and some others with strong potential coming. It's bad, but it's not a bust. The db room needs to have some major success recruiting immediately with where these loses are happening.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We only get like 4-8 4 stars a year. We can’t lose 4 a class. We need our 2 deep filled with 4 stars to get to where we want to be. Those guys could provide competition if not win jobs. It is not doom and gloom but it is a big deal. 2/3 of frosts classes have become transfer city 

It's pretty ridiculous to claim a class is a bust when their signing year isn't even over yet and some in the class are already contributing.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

2/3 of frosts classes have become transfer city 

2/3 is over exaggeration and while, yes, we need a steady stream of 4 stars into our program, they aren't going to be competition for spots if they aren't going to work on the field or in class. It is easier than ever to bring in replacement disgruntled 4 star dudes from other programs and that actually may end up being part of our blueprint for success. I think Frost and co probably had reservations about all of the 2020 guys that have left, hell, look at Francois on signing day.  But had they quit recruiting them the narrative would have been just as bad 8 months ago. I am not mad at this staff for swinging hard for difference makers and working hard to get them to campus and making them stick. This staff, unlike previous ones, has actually shown they will find guys in other places to come in and replace the departures. I think a lot of this panic is based on watching guys leave under other staffs and then watching those spots stay empty and basically creating self imposed sanctions.. This staff has shown time and time again over the past 3 years they will find another rabbit in the hat. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Husker03 said:

2/3 is over exaggeration and while, yes, we need a steady stream of 4 stars into our program, they aren't going to be competition for spots if they aren't going to work on the field or in class. It is easier than ever to bring in replacement disgruntled 4 star dudes from other programs and that actually may end up being part of our blueprint for success. I think Frost and co probably had reservations about all of the 2020 guys that have left, hell, look at Francois on signing day.  But had they quit recruiting them the narrative would have been just as bad 8 months ago. I am not mad at this staff for swinging hard for difference makers and working hard to get them to campus and making them stick. This staff, unlike previous ones, has actually shown they will find guys in other places to come in and replace the departures. I think a lot of this panic is based on watching guys leave under other staffs and then watching those spots stay empty and basically creating self imposed sanctions.. This staff has shown time and time again over the past 3 years they will find another rabbit in the hat. 

It’s not exaggeration. He has 3 classes. 18 had lots transfers, 19 I can’t think of any, 20 is building in transfers. That is 2 out of 3 classes. 

8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It’s not exaggeration. He has 3 classes. 18 had lots transfers, 19 I can’t think of any, 20 is building in transfers. That is 2 out of 3 classes. 

Each class has approx 25 recruits, so he's had 18 transfers. 75 recruits, 18 transfers, his rate is more like 1/4 to transfer city, far cry from 2/3.. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

He's had two full classes and one class that he had a month to put together while still having another job full time.  And one class is in the middle of a pandemic.  Those are not all regular classes.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So you complain about the lack of four-star commits and then act like it's a huge deal when the lowest-rated recruit in the class decommits.  

This seems reasonable.

You are fast getting into "I'm going to b!^@h about everything in every thread" territory.  That needs to change.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Decked, you've referenced multiple times that Fleming has transferred. No one anywhere else is reporting that. Care to share a source? 

I forgot to edit my original post that is my bad. I thought at the time on Twitter I saw that he also had entered his name in the portal. I assume he probably based on a lot of background factors starting to emerge but nothing confirmed yet. I’ll go back and edit the post 

21 hours ago, Decked said:

We have already lost: 

Gray, Francois, Greene, and Delancey before the season is even over. I’m sure there will be at least one more due to natural attrition. It’s safe to say that while Scott can get these Florida kids to Lincoln they don’t pan out. 

2020 Class is gonna be a big Ol’ bust 

Edit: Fleming has not entered his name into the portal (11/28)

23 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Decked, you've referenced multiple times that Fleming has transferred. No one anywhere else is reporting that. Care to share a source? 

I thought he was the other one reported to be at the airport with Delancey.  So I would guess that's where the speculation comes from.  But I've seen nothing actually reported on that.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

So you complain about the lack of four-star commits and then act like it's a huge deal when the lowest-rated recruit in the class decommits.  

This seems reasonable.

You are fast getting into "I'm going to b!^@h about everything in every thread" territory.  That needs to change.

I just get annoyed by the rose colored glasses. I mean we are a s#!tty team- some of you think supporting the team means you can’t be critical. Honestly that’s a fast way to lowered expectations in my book 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just get annoyed by the rose colored glasses. I mean we are a s#!tty team- some of you think supporting the team means you can’t be critical. Honestly that’s a fast way to lowered expectations in my book 

Do you understand why people get annoyed by posters constantly complaining about everything in every thread. Saying the same things over and over.