On 10/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, Moiraine said:

That was awesome. I wouldn’t have guessed a cat would be protective that way. I don’t have anything against cats (other than the following story) but I’ve always been more of a dog person. When I was a kid we had a Siamese cat, one day it was fighting (basically killing) another cat in our front yard. My mom went out to break it up with only a broom. Our Siamese turned on her and sunk all 4 claws into her calf and it’s mouth into the back of her knee and wouldn’t let go. Kind of freaked me out as a little kid. Anyway, that was the last day I saw that cat because when my dad got home from work,  he took it somewhere and it mysteriously never appeared again ;)

I did get bitten by a Chow mix when I was a kid but I never blamed the dog. It was a friends dog and we were teasing it just beyond it’s reach at the end of its chain. A few minutes later, after we had moved on to other things, I got within its range and it bit me on my Achilles’.  It was a nasty bite that hurt like hell but I knew I had it coming.

I wouldn't own a dog unless I lived in the country.  Dogs aren't dogs in my mind unless they can run around free, chase rabbits, get sprayed by skunks... you know dog stuff.  I dated a girl that had two dogs that she absolutely pampered.  Most people that knew her said if they died, they'd want to come back as one of her dogs.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, JJ Husker said:

That was awesome. I wouldn’t have guessed a cat would be protective that way. I don’t have anything against cats (other than the following story) but I’ve always been more of a dog person. When I was a kid we had a Siamese cat, one day it was fighting (basically killing) another cat in our front yard. My mom went out to break it up with only a broom. Our Siamese turned on her and sunk all 4 claws into her calf and it’s mouth into the back of her knee and wouldn’t let go. Kind of freaked me out as a little kid. Anyway, that was the last day I saw that cat because when my dad got home from work,  he took it somewhere and it mysteriously never appeared again ;)

I did get bitten by a Chow mix when I was a kid but I never blamed the dog. It was a friends dog and we were teasing it just beyond it’s reach at the end of its chain. A few minutes later, after we had moved on to other things, I got within its range and it bit me on my Achilles’.  It was a nasty bite that hurt like hell but I knew I had it coming.

One night after work, I was rasslin' with my then 4 year old son...He was giggling, I was growling and pretending to eat his face off, then suddenly my then wife's cat pounced on the back of my head and took a bite where my bald spot should be...Confused the heck out of that cat when I praised her profusely and I don't think she ever trusted me again. 

• 2 months later...

My cat is an a$$h@!e.

He cried in the litter box last night, and it sounded unlike any cry I'd ever heard from him before, so I took him to the vet because I know that's potentially a sign of serious problems. E.g. if the urinary tract is blocked in a cat they can die within 24-48 hours without treatment and sometimes the treatment can cost more than $1,500.

The vet said his bladder was really full so I should leave him there and they'd call me in a couple hours to tell me if he had peed yet. 5 hours later they hadn't called, so I called them, and he hadn't peed yet. 7 hours later they called and he finally peed "for quite some time" after I'd spent the day imagining my life without him. Then when I got him home the little jerk peed again. I spent a bunch of $ for them to do tests but I'm starting to wondering if he was just just crying wolf.

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

No. I thought it was. He looked extremely uncomfortable so I assumed the worst but it's a minor problem and he's supposed to get better (assuming I can get him to take the pills).

Good luck with that!  Pill shooters help.  Let me guess, he’s in his teens, or approaching teens.  That’s when they start either being somewhat unhealthy or complete jerks.

21 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Good luck with that!  Pill shooters help.  Let me guess, he’s in his teens, or approaching teens.  That’s when they start either being somewhat unhealthy or complete jerks.

He’s a weird one. He was an a$$h@!e from 2 weeks to age 10. He’s really softened up since then but I basically have to sit on him and pry his jaws open to get a pill in his mouth. I might have to buy one of those. 

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He’s a weird one. He was an a$$h@!e from 2 weeks to age 10. He’s really softened up since then but I basically have to sit on him and pry his jaws open to get a pill in his mouth. I might have to buy one of those. 

Ask the vet for one - perhaps for free.  I never had to buy one, but they can’t be expensive if they do charge.