The Trump Economy

42 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

And it will win him reelection cause the only thing people will remember is Trump helping them while the democrats wanted half measures. 

I think I'll wait a bit to see how bad things get and how this actually turns out instead of anointing him to a second term because he wants to cut us checks to forget how terrible and inept he is.

If the economy collapses a few $1000 checks aren't going to make that big a difference.

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I think I'll wait a bit to see how bad things get and how this actually turns out instead of anointing him to a second term because he wants to cut us checks to forget how terrible and inept he is.

If the economy collapses a few $1000 checks aren't going to make that big a difference.

Im not talking about the way you think. Im talking about the way low information voters which are the majority of this country think. Most people dont have time to follow politics. We here are the minority. There is a reason Trumps approval rating went up 10 points after impeachment because all many people saw was he won and dems lost. The bandwagon effect. And it will happen here too if this stimulus package gets done. 

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Im not talking about the way you think. Im talking about the way low information voters which are the majority of this country think. Most people dont have time to follow politics. We here are the minority. There is a reason Trumps approval rating went up 10 points after impeachment because all many people saw was he won and dems lost. The bandwagon effect. And it will happen here too if this stimulus package gets done. 

All I'm saying is we're going to have to wait to see how it all shakes out.

Trump has been handed a bad problem he couldn't control with a pandemic that's sweeping the world as he's trying to get re-elected. He's made it worse through sheer incompetence, egotism and his conspiratorial mindset, choosing to try to suppress knowledge of it, play it down and call it a hoax for several weeks before choosing to do anything.

We don't know whether the stimulus will work. That's fiscal policy trying to offset what is primarily a public health problem. If they can't handle the pubic health side of thing (which they've screwed up almost entirely so far), the fiscal policy is only going to paper over the problem and not fix it.

I know to you Biden's campaign is DOA but he'll have a crack at taking on Trump's handling of this as well.

25 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Worse ideas. Stop being so partisan. I dislike Trump more than the next person but I can give credit when it is due. He has better ideas than the “party of the people” does. 

Perhaps I phrased that poorly. Generally in politics I think more ideas are better. More diversity of thought can improve things and lead to innovative new ideas. 

What if Yang never came along and pushed UBI into the mainstream? We may not even be having this discussion.

I get that you don't like non-progressives. But this isn't a partisan issue. I'm not going to forget what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears for the past 3.5 years and start to polish Trump's knob just because he wants to now buy us out of a situation that's reached this point because of him.