Post-Practice Presser - August 22

Mavric

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

From by all comments from the coaches the top 3 RB's right now are (in no particular order):  Ozigbo, Bell, and Washington.  Jones has been hampered by injuries in camp, and I think the coaches have him earmarked for the Duck-R position.

I hope that Ozigbo can make a vast improvement but I've seen none of that in 3 years he has been here. Jones just brings a way better dynamic where you can cut and pickup 20. Not cut and rumble for 4. It's based off of potential of course 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

From by all comments from the coaches the top 3 RB's right now are (in no particular order):  Ozigbo, Bell, and Washington.  Jones has been hampered by injuries in camp, and I think the coaches have him earmarked for the Duck-R position.

Apparently Held said today that they had slated Jones to be a Duck-R but he may be moving to more of a regular RB role after they've seen what he can do.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BIG ERN said:

I hope that Ozigbo can make a vast improvement but I've seen none of that in 3 years he has been here. Jones just brings a way better dynamic where you can cut and pickup 20. Not cut and rumble for 4. It's based off of potential of course 

I haven't been a fan of Ozigbo during his first 3 years, but from the coaches' comments, Oz is in great shape, has been practicing well, and but is one of the top 3 backs.  That is how I am basing my posts.

I am sure Jones has a TON of potential, but right now, he's not near the top of the RB depth chart.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Apparently Held said today that they had slated Jones to be a Duck-R but he may be moving to more of a regular RB role after they've seen what he can do.

Good to know.  Thanks, Mav.

if Ozig has picked up a step as reported, with his experience he is going to see his share of carries.......running back by committee sounds like a done deal.

Sit back and watch......things may evolved through the season.....one thing Frost is famous for is fresh legs all game long......it's how he runs his team.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

if Ozig has picked up a step as reported, with his experience he is going to see his share of carries.......running back by committee sounds like a done deal.

Sit back and watch......things may evolved through the season.....one thing Frost is famous for is fresh legs all game long......it's how he runs his team.

3 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

a situational scrimmage for the QB's on Thursday?  i would feel better if this wasn't necessary.......no matter who starts, there are going to be growing pains.

I think you missed this post/link: 

This is how these guys operate. "Situational Scrimmage" at the end of fall camp is how they roll. Also making everybody be on pins & needles regarding whether they are a starter or not is their modus operandi.

• Plus1 2