Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A lot of people are acting like it is your money and that Akron did this on purpose.  They wanted to play, these guys all want to play.  The Akron AD was not sitting up in his ivory tower holding his cat and stroking his moustache while laughing.  

I agree.  Plus, what fans deem "reasonable" with regards to accommodations to get them to stay and go into the next week short a day of prep for the next game may not mesh with what Akron felt was reasonable.

• Plus1 4
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I agree.  Plus, what fans deem "reasonable" with regards to accommodations to get them to stay and go into the next week short a day of prep for the next game may not mesh with what Akron felt was reasonable.

Oh god...I saw things like "Why can't they sleep in the Hawks Center".

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

What about the "Nebraska offered a couple unused floors of a dorm"

Yeah.  That's EXACTLY where i would want my team to sleep the night before a game

Haha!

I liked the "They could get rooms in Omaha, check in and get to bed by 1am and then leave for Lincoln at 5:30am...that is plenty of time"

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A lot of people are acting like it is your money and that Akron did this on purpose.  They wanted to play, these guys all want to play.  The Akron AD was not sitting up in his ivory tower holding his cat and stroking his moustache while laughing.  

I don't think anyone is saying the Akron AD acted in the manner to which you are alluding. My position is that we paid/will pay a lot of money for a benefit that we did not receive - which is a game against a school that we SHOULD win (uggh Northern Illinois). Why should Nebraska be the only party to this contract to bear the brunt of the misfortune of the weather? Instead it should be spread out among the parties. Nebraska didn't get the tune up game it wanted so Akron shouldn't get all of the money as a result. If we are forced to get another team to play a 12th game we are going to have to pay a handsome price to get that team to Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, bugeater17 said:

I don't think anyone is saying the Akron AD acted in the manner to which you are alluding. My position is that we paid/will pay a lot of money for a benefit that we did not receive - which is a game against a school that we SHOULD (uggh Northern Illinois). Why should Nebraska be the only party to this contract to bear the brunt of the misfortune of the weather? Instead it should be spread out among the parties. Nebraska didn't get the tune up game it wanted so Akron shouldn't get all of the money as a result. If we are forced to get another team to play a 12th game we are going to have to pay a handsome price to get that team to Lincoln. 

Nebraska doesn't have to schedule non P5 teams to play in Lincoln if they don't want to.  They make plenty of money where the famous "7th home game for budgetary reasons" game isn't necessary.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Nebraska doesn't have to schedule non P5 teams to play in Lincoln if they don't want to.  They make plenty of money where the famous "7th home game for budgetary reasons" game isn't necessary.

I'm not sure the point of your post/response... but of course they don't have to pay a non P5 team but that is the most logical choice if the purpose of the game is to get to bowl eligibility. The money to pay another school has to come from somewhere. I'm sure there is a rainy day fund (pun intended) but the football team and athletic dept operate on a budget so its not as easy as just writing a check to another team. 

19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's like NU fans wanted Akron to be treated like evacuees from Hurricane Katrina.  Just throw a bunch of sleeping bags on the Hawks Center turf!!!

"Attention...All Akron players...you may have one bowl of soup and one JUST ONE piece of bread for now...if there is leftovers we will feed the skinny WR's first.  Thank you"  

Go to about 1:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKnpPyoWIc

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

"Attention...All Akron players...you may have one bowl of soup and one JUST ONE piece of bread for now...if there is leftovers we will feed the skinny WR's first.  Thank you"  

Go to about 1:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKnpPyoWIc

Ha, that's awesome.  I love ROTN!!!  I almost used the term refugees, as well, but I think that term isn't PC anymore.