Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

18 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Some people act like they've never heard of camping.... I've slept on the ground many, many, nights in my life, with and without a tent. 

Sleeping in an otherwise empty dorm room or a practice facility? Oh the horror!!   :D

Yea, I've passed out slept on the ground a bunch of times in my life!

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Some people act like they've never heard of camping.... I've slept on the ground many, many, nights in my life, with and without a tent. 

Sleeping in an otherwise empty dorm room or a practice facility? Oh the horror!!   :D

Did you play a major college football game at 1030 the next morning getting your ass kicked by a 200-300 pound athletes for 3 hours?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

What reasons? I ask because I didn't see any discussion of why/why not. 

Because they were being offered unused dorms.  Did these dorms need beds?  What conditions were the beds in?   linens?  Were they clean?  If not how soon until all of them were? How soon would they be available?   What security measures were in place?  Where do they eat?  What do they eat?  What could the Marriott possibly have had ready that quickly to cater over 100 people in that short of notice?   What about space for any training issues?  Meeting space?  

Is that enough issues or do I need to offer more?

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

You're worried about players sleeping in dorm rooms or in a practice facility. I'd bet everything I own at least some of those players from Akron sleep in dorm rooms every night.

Or sleeping on a cot...

Absolutely nothing wrong with what we offered.

*Edit" If Akron was going to get their asses kicked at 10:30 in the morning I don't think where they slept was going to have anything to do with it. It was going to be Frost's first home game as head coach, a serious woodshed beating was going to happen whether that was Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Some probably do.  I'd bet most, like our players, don't sleep in dorms much past their 1st year or so.  

There are several steps that go in to place to prepare a team.  It's not as easy as you think it is.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

All they needed was a safe place to sleep and some food, we offered both. On a home game weekend in Lincoln motel/hotel options are non existent if not planned (sometimes months) in advance.

Listen.  You're not changing my mind.  Akron did what was best for THEIR team.  They aren't required to give a s#!t about a Husker fans feelings.

Our coach said he likely would have done as Akron did.  That's all I need to hear

• Plus1 6

IF this game doesn't get rescheduled AND Moos/Athletic Dept fully pays Akron but doesn't refund ticket holders - I will be upset. As a season ticket holder and donor such would show me that DONU is fine with making it right with another University/entity but not good with making it right to the people that fund and support the program. 

I don't want to hear the "ticket says no refund" because there are arguably clauses in the contract with Akron relating to "disaster" which would negate the payment. If the athletic department "does whats right" by paying Akron then they should do the same to the ticket holders. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Because they were being offered unused dorms.  Did these dorms need beds?  What conditions were the beds in?   linens?  Were they clean?  If not how soon until all of them were? How soon would they be available?   What security measures were in place?  Where do they eat?  What do they eat?  What could the Marriott possibly have had ready that quickly to cater over 100 people in that short of notice?   What about space for any training issues?  Meeting space?  

Is that enough issues or do I need to offer more?

They were being offered the dorms our players were planning on using Saturday night.  I’m sure they were in good condition.

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

A multimillion dollar corporation in a conglomerate of other multimillion dollar organizations.  Providing income and revenue to many individuals and businesses.  That has an entire network dedicated to it.  That is ran like a fortune 500 company.  Yes yes it is a good comparison.

Just because it's the same televused sport doesn't mean it's a good comparison.  College athletes, over 100 of them vs a little more than half that number who get paid handsomely to plau for a living and many if them play in domes.

1 hour ago, ohiocornhusker said:

They were being offered the dorms our players were planning on using Saturday night.  I’m sure they were in good condition.

Are there that many unused dorm rooms at Nebraska?  I always thought that there was a high occupancy especially in the beginning of the year.