We have a serious quarterback depth problem

Hayseed

28 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

High stakes?  Take a breath.  This is a game played by school  kids.  It's entertainment.  Nothing more.  As for Gebbia, it's his life and he doesn't owe anybody anything.    

You don't think Power Five conference college football is high stakes these days with all the millions of dollars these programs are bringing in and paying coaches, etc?  

"This is a game played by school  kids.  It's entertainment.  Nothing more."  OK, I guess you don't.  

5 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

What if they had waited to name the starter until the first game? That likely would have prevented Gebbia's transfer. There are other ways to handle it other than showing him the door. 

I'm pretty sure they would have done whatever they could to keep him on the roster had they known.

I’m sure they knew it was always a possibility,  but as a coach there is only so much you can do. Frost has made it pretty clear he only wants players who want to be there.  

23 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

What if they had waited to name the starter until the first game? That likely would have prevented Gebbia's transfer. There are other ways to handle it other than showing him the door. 

I'm pretty sure they would have done whatever they could to keep him on the roster had they known.

Is naming Gebbia the backup “showing him the door”?  Frost thought he would stick around and compete for playing time.  I’m not saying Frost doesn’t deserve any criticism, but how are people thinking that Frost kicked 3 scholarship players off the team?

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Is naming Gebbia the backup “showing him the door”?  Frost thought he would stick around and compete for playing time.  I’m not saying Frost doesn’t deserve any criticism, but how are people thinking that Frost kicked 3 scholarship players off the team?

Tristan had to be talking to Mr. Rogers about it the whole time. I think media and message board opinions played into his decision as much as anything....everybody was anointing Martinez.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Did he give any indication that he wanted to come here?
Edit- I'm reading an article about Burrow and wondering why Pelini has anything to do with it?
2nd Edit- I'm willing to blame Pelini though.

Burrows dad played at Nebraska.  The dad and Joe were here on a visit and met with Barney Cotton who I think knew Joe's dad.  Barney took them to see Beck who was our OC at the time.  Beck got all kinds of chapped in front of the Burrows, chewed Cotton out for bothering him and said he wouldn't have any time to meet them that weekend....essentially telling them to piss off. I heard Barney was ready to tear Beck a new one but some other coaches held him back.

Just now, TonyStalloni said:

Burrows dad played at Nebraska.  The dad and Joe were here on a visit and met with Barney Cotton who I think knew Joe's dad.  Barney took them to see Beck who was our OC at the time.  Beck got all kinds of chapped in front of the Burrows, chewed Cotton out for bothering him and said he wouldn't have any time to meet them that weekend....essentially telling them to piss off.

And then Beck coached for Ohio State....where the kid signed? Hmmm.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Again, I don’t blame Gebbia for transferring, but the narrative that Frost drove 3 QB’s away is lame. 

It's the timing that stinks...….#2 transferring one week before the season really smells. We don't know what went on down there though....can't judge how he was treated by the staff.