Purdue Week Pressers

LOL, Verduzco! I'll try to transcribe the quote he gave in regards to the interception on the first drive:

The football gods sometimes get ya, you know, and Lady Football she...she can be fickle. And you love her to death, and you want her to be your girlfriend, and you're coaxing her every way you can...but she'll still turn her back on ya...

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Exactly.  Throw in the fact that Miles Jones has started taking more reps at WR it seems like they are really looking for any possible options to step up and play. 

I'm starting to think that they may be thinking that Miles Jones could be one of those Play In 4 Games redshirts.

16 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I'm starting to think that they may be thinking that Miles Jones could be one of those Play In 4 Games redshirts.

I think at this point that has to be looked at pretty hard.  Injuries have slowed him down otherwise I think he would have played more.  And he's still down the depth chart a ways.  So I think it would make a lot of sense to get him out there and playing but if it's still mostly spot duty after 3-4 games tell him we're going to save him for another year.

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Kind of surprising after the praise the WR position got during camp. I knew we would have trouble going against defenses like Michigan and OSU bc we dont have guys that can get separation from those types of DBs.  Heard quite a bit about Hunt, Woodyard, Lindsay, and Mcquitty, it is time for one of those guys to step up.  

How about ALL of them.  I was excited by how many "weapons" we had (have?) at WR, only to see the same guys as last year doing the same things as last year, but not quite as good.

• Plus1 1

Let me first start by saying that I have absolutely zero doubt that Scott Frost is the man to get us back on track. No doubt at all. I am surprised at this start but I do not blame him at all. What is most disappointing to me is that we had so many advertised weapons as WR and they have been disappointing thus far with the exception of Stanley. The rest have been very quite and I am beginning to wonder if they have bought in or they are still loyal to Riley and do not want this team to succeed. We need our play makers to step up and lead by example. We must have more than one player have a good game for us to win ball games. It has not happened thus far and I am hoping that this Saturday will be our break through. Go Big Red!!

• Plus1 1

Since my one month old daughter likes to be awake at 2am I'm watching the Purdue vs BC rerun. Purdue looks like a solid team. We're going to have to account for Blough in the run game assuming he starts. He's making BC pay with his legs in critical situations. BCs offense just isn't doing much and keeps turning the ball over. If we can just play sound football and block and tackle these guys and avoid turnovers we should win. Unfortunately fundamentals hasn't been our strong suit yet. 

6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

What is most disappointing to me is that we had so many advertised weapons as WR and they have been disappointing thus far with the exception of Stanley. 

I don’t know about you, but I was disappointed by Stanle’s drop of the TD that would have iced it at the end of the Colorado game.