Martinez Sets Husker Freshman Passing Record

Mavric

52 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

BTN guys expect Purdue’s Moore to get B1G freshman of year over Martinez. Hard to argue and tough break for AM to be same class as Moore.

No kidding.  I thought Martinez would be a shoe-in for that award, but I had forgotten about Moore.  That guy is ridiculous, and Purdue is having a better season than NU.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No kidding.  I thought Martinez would be a shoe-in for that award, but I had forgotten about Moore.  That guy is ridiculous, and Purdue is having a better season than NU.

the year's not over

Turns out Gebbia was pretty smart and I officially forgive him.  

*these were merged 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Has the Heisman ever gone to a player on a team with a losing record? or a .500 record if the Huskers get lucky

Not saying Martinez should be a candidate.  But he's putting up Heisman-like numbers.  Frost also said that after the Minnesota game.

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

McSorley currently #5 favorite to win the Heisman

Not to be a debbie downer, but McSorley has 19 total TDs to 4 total turnovers while Martinez has 13 total TDs to 9 turnovers lost. That is your difference. That said, he will only get better and better and the ceiling is clearly incredible.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not saying Martinez should be a candidate.  But he's putting up Heisman-like numbers.  Frost also said that after the Minnesota game.

I was actually asking a serious question.  I know in the modern era of football for the most part if your team has more than one loss you probably aren't winning the Heisman regardless of stats.  which I don't agree with since its supposed to go to the best player,  not the best player on the best team.

7 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I was actually asking a serious question.  I know in the modern era of football for the most part if your team has more than one loss you probably aren't winning the Heisman regardless of stats.  which I don't agree with since its supposed to go to the best player,  not the best player on the best team.

Years ago there was an RB from Iowa state that should have won it, but he played on a team that wasn’t at the top of the rankings. 

Just one one more bit of evidence that thus award is a joke. 

Dont get me wrong, it would be great if 2AM were to win it. 

But, this award is not what they try to market it as. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Years ago there was an RB from Iowa state that should have won it, but he played on a team that wasn’t at the top of the rankings. 

Just one one more bit of evidence that thus award is a joke. 

Dont get me wrong, it would be great if 2AM were to win it. 

But, this award is not what they try to market it as. 

Ya, he’s probably the best example. Troy Davis is still the only player to rush for over 2,000 yards 2 seasons in a row and that was in 11 games each time because ISU didn’t go to a bowl. 

And it’s not even supposed to he a best player award. MVP is different than best player. Tua Tagovailoa might be the best player but should never win an MVP award. We all know Alabama would almost certainly get to the playoff if he hadn’t played a single down this season. You can’t be an MVP when your backup got you to the NC twice in a row and there are so many players who were a much bigger difference to their teams.

• Thanks 1