The Angry Violent Right

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

I'm just stirring the pot. 

The political section consists of 4 or 5 people who attack and argue any rightist viewpoint, but call themselves moderates. 

Let's not act like this is the first instance where the liberal mob made conservatives feel awkward while eating their dessert. The comparison to a pipe bomb and ruining dinner is silly, but until they figure out the culprits, it's difficult to cast blame either way. 

Hmmm

First of all, I can think @knapplc, myself, @Moiraine, @TGHusker, @Clifford Franklin, @StPaulHusker, @BigRedBuster, @commando, @ZRod and a few others who frequent this section. So that's at least 9 not including Ric Flair and #MAGA co. 

Second of all, all those people attacking any rightist viewpoint is inaccurate. There are pro life people in that group. There are second amendment supporters in that group. There are people that lean towards limited/smaller government in that group. There are people who believe in free market and free trade in that group. There are people opposed to single payer healthcare in that group. So on and so forth.

Third of all, all those people calling themselves moderates is also inaccurate. Some are self-described liberals. Some are moderate. Some are more conservative. Most are independent, which is not the same thing as moderate. I, for example, am independent but lean quite progressive overall. But, because I am an independent, I am not beholden to all ideas just because they are put out by the supposed "liberal" party in power, and reject any I don't think are proper.

The liberal "mob" right now is the same thing that the moral majority and the whole white Christian nuclear family in the suburbs social dynamic was for decades. It's the dominant accepted social narrative going about it's business and vilifying/dismissing anyone seen as archaic or not keeping up with its status quo. I don't actually even like it that much - my friends very often have to listen to me go on rants about social media groupthink and self righteous virtue signaling crusaders of whatever hot topic. Thing is, though, the triggered 'snowflake' conservatives who can intuitively feel their social standing and relevance and power slip away made this bed for themselves by doing the exact same thing to minorities, to LGBTQ people, to atheists, to so on and so forth for way too long. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Whoosh.

People seeking asylum should not be treated as "invaders" and should be allowed human dignity and a respite. That is the lowest of low bars we can set.

Whoosh.

Now that liberal activists are coaching those coming here illegally, they are virtually all claiming they are seeking asylum. 

Weeping and gnashing of teeth about how borders are mean doesn’t solve the problem. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This article offers no proof that "liberal activists are coaching those coming here illegally."

Among the marchers are immigration lawyers, who will advise the migrants on the best way to submit asylum applications to U.S. immigration authorities, according to Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE), one of the participating groups.