Turning Point

Personally, I am very excited to watch the Northwestern game. It sounds like we have had a positive culture shift after the Purdue game. I saw signs of that during the Wisconsin game (I think our best performance since Colorado)- good defensive effort until we got worn down and the offense looked great in the second half. Wisconsin was just a better team and so we lost. So I am excited for this game because I think it is a winnable game and if the culture did actually flip after the Purdue game I would expect us to look good this game- show real signs of improvement and turning a corner and win the game- or be in a one possession game until the last second ticks off. 

Even if we lose I want to see a 4 quarter game of offensive efficiency. The last 2 games we have not gotten it going until the second half. We seem to have eliminated the stupid personal foul penalties- I want to see our overall penalties get down to 6-7 this game. Their D-Line is not as talented as Wisconsin so I would think the holding penalties should go down. I would also like to see a full game of defensive intensity and disciplined football we saw the first 3 drives against wisconsin. 

• Plus1 1

I feel like this game will go one of two ways...

1.  Sloppy with lots of mistakes and turnovers by the Skers...Thorson will end up with 150 yards rushing and NW hangs on to win by some gross score like 25-22

2.  Huskers click and get a lead of about 17 points and you get to see the offense rolling and the defense playing with a lead which will look much different.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

1.  Sloppy with lots of mistakes and turnovers by the Skers...Thorson will end up with 150 yards rushing and NW hangs on to win by some gross score like 25-22

2.  Huskers click and get a lead of about 17 points and you get to see the offense rolling and the defense playing with a lead which will look much different.

I like option 2.

• Plus1 2

Frost said this was the "best week of practice...again" and kind of chuckled about it. That is what he said prior to last week, and they coulda/woulda/shoulda been in that game without all the stupid mental mistakes.

Hopefully, we will have a game where everyone "gets it", hopefully that game is Saturday, and once it happens, we will have turned the corner

9 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

If the offense starts fast, we win this game.  Sometime in the near future, all of those offensive yards are going to translate into points.  Once they do, the opposing teams had better look out.  If this team gets on a run, we'll be hard to stop.

Agree. 6 of the 7 final games are winnable. Ohio State being the one not winnable.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Personally, I am very excited to watch the Northwestern game. It sounds like we have had a positive culture shift after the Purdue game. I saw signs of that during the Wisconsin game (I think our best performance since Colorado)- good defensive effort until we got worn down and the offense looked great in the second half. Wisconsin was just a better team and so we lost. So I am excited for this game because I think it is a winnable game and if the culture did actually flip after the Purdue game I would expect us to look good this game- show real signs of improvement and turning a corner and win the game- or be in a one possession game until the last second ticks off. 

Even if we lose I want to see a 4 quarter game of offensive efficiency. The last 2 games we have not gotten it going until the second half. We seem to have eliminated the stupid personal foul penalties- I want to see our overall penalties get down to 6-7 this game. Their D-Line is not as talented as Wisconsin so I would think the holding penalties should go down. I would also like to see a full game of defensive intensity and disciplined football we saw the first 3 drives against wisconsin. 

I'm excited every moment of the year anticipating the next game. There is no selling going on for me. I hope most fans are as cool as me.

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Frost said this was the "best week of practice...again" and kind of chuckled about it. That is what he said prior to last week, and they coulda/woulda/shoulda been in that game without all the stupid mental mistakes.

Hopefully, we will have a game where everyone "gets it", hopefully that game is Saturday, and once it happens, we will have turned the corner

But, you have to understand, we are trying to preach PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE so that games are the EASY part. I love how that's all he talks about.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Well.. if those are the only two options, I'm betting a million on Nebraska to cover.

PS, I have them winning by 30.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

It feels like we are going to really put a hurt on a team (hopefully multiple) this year where everything comes together on both sides of the ball and we cut out the stupid mistakes. A 50-20 type game where it doesn’t even feel that close.

This is a pivotal game in my opinion. Still have everything to play for.

• Plus1 1