*** 2018 Game 9 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Ohio State ***

Saunders

So they say we have a chance?

The whole, oh they are out for blood after getting embarrassed by Purdue/Urban's health/whatever will motivate them for the first series or two.  Then it comes down to football and desire.  I think we make this game much closer than people think.  Maybe even a November surprise.  IIRC, most on this board predicted one win that was a surprise.  We have three left.  OSU, MSU and Iowa.  Might as well start with OSU.

14 hours ago, lo country said:

So they say we have a chance?

The whole, oh they are out for blood after getting embarrassed by Purdue/Urban's health/whatever will motivate them for the first series or two.  Then it comes down to football and desire.  I think we make this game much closer than people think.  Maybe even a November surprise.  IIRC, most on this board predicted one win that was a surprise.  We have three left.  OSU, MSU and Iowa.  Might as well start with OSU.

Would Michigan State be a 'surprise' win though? They're one dimensional and we've had their number for years now. 

But I seriously think if we can weather the initial storm and make some thunder of our own to counter right away, we have a puncher's chance of winning this game. 

44 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Would Michigan State be a 'surprise' win though? They're one dimensional and we've had their number for years now. 

But I seriously think if we can weather the initial storm and make some thunder of our own to counter right away, we have a puncher's chance of winning this game. 

I agree 100%.  If we can get through the first series or 2, we stand a chance.  I'd like to get them on their heels with a quick score or 2 and have them start thinking, here comes Purdue again.....Our guys (and Frost ) have a lot more confidence going into this one.  This alone bodes well.

I added MSU from the pre-season hype and the fact they are one of the "better" teams in the B1G.  I totally agree we have had their number for quite a while.  I still liked the Bo (2011?) stand up DL that gave them fits all game.

21 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

It's a practice with extreme prejudice?

Who knows, maybe OSU will commit many fumbles or interceptions?   One can dream, right?  :)      Several years ago we came back from what looked like a blowout against OSU.

I'm thinking of that Iowa State game many years ago....we must have lost 8 turnovers and couldn't get out of our own way.  It could happen!  Or we could get whipped to.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, GamingGlen said:

It's a practice with extreme prejudice?

Who knows, maybe OSU will commit many fumbles or interceptions?   One can dream, right?  :)      Several years ago we came back from what looked like a blowout against OSU.

Unfortunately Joe Bauserman is out of eligibility.  I'd like the chances a lot better with him subbing in for Haskins.