Trump's Taxes

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm amazed that people apparently don't care that the president of the United States may be in financial debt to hostile foreign governments. 

Of course people care. Personally I'm quite incensed and outraged over most realities surrounding the fact that Donald Trump is President.

The thing I don't care about is whether or not his tax returns get released. We already know he's in financial debt to hostile foreign governments. It's written plain as day all over everything. Just like we already know he's a narcissist, just like we already know he's more than likely a sexual abuser, just like we already know he's racist, just like we already know he's childish and petulent and immature and stupid and a lying crook. And apparently none of that knowledge matters towards anything changing. 

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Of course people care. Personally I'm quite incensed and outraged over most realities surrounding the fact that Donald Trump is President.

The thing I don't care about is whether or not his tax returns get released. We already know he's in financial debt to hostile foreign governments. It's written plain as day all over everything. Just like we already know he's a narcissist, just like we already know he's more than likely a sexual abuser, just like we already know he's racist, just like we already know he's childish and petulent and immature and stupid and a lying crook. And apparently none of that knowledge matters towards anything changing.  

We do not know.  We suspect, and there are paper trails, but as yet we have no proof.  The tax records would go a long way to helping us find that out.

• Plus1 3
Just now, knapplc said:

We do not know.  We suspect, and there are paper trails, but as yet we have no proof.  The tax records would go a long way to helping us find that out.

Even if that's true and even if the records spell it out clear as day, it won't matter. Trump will remain President, and his supporters will either never be made aware of the truth or just wedge the truth into their already established position of support.

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Even if that's true and even if the records spell it out clear as day, it won't matter. Trump will remain President, and his supporters will either never be made aware of the truth or just wedge the truth into their already established position of support.

Tell that to Nixon.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm amazed that people apparently don't care that the president of the United States may be in financial debt to hostile foreign governments. 

Don't mistake acknowledging reality with not caring. I care but realize, as Landlord spelled out, that it won't matter one iota at the end of the day.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Don't mistake acknowledging reality with not caring. I care but realize, as Landlord spelled out, that it won't matter one iota at the end of the day.

Thankfully enough of us care about the rule of law that we'll support those still trying to uphold it.

• Plus1 2

I think Trump has been able to lie and spin everything as “fake news” “ witch hunt “ blah blah, and unfortunately tons of people believe everything he says . There’s not much concrete proof of anything that would get him impeached, indicted etc YET  but it could be in the tax returns . If there’s black and white proof of something I don’t think he’ll be able to get out of it, or convince his followers he’s innocent any more . He’s trying very hard not to let them be released for a reason . I want to know what it is . 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thankfully enough of us care about the rule of law that we'll support those still trying to uphold it.

I support the effort but I'm also jaded enough to know it's not going to accomplish anything. I'm seriously not convinced we could ever impeach a President again, and if we did, the new boss wouldn't be much different than the old boss.  We're so far removed from the climate of the early 70's, the Nixon analogy just doesn't even begin to apply anymore. IMO enough people in this country have to really care and it's obvious we are nowhere near that level of caring or Trump wouldn't be in office now, Clinton wouldn't have got away with what he did, Hillary wouldn't have even been a possibility, Bush 2 probably would've had some problems....need I go on?

This is exactly why I care less and less each day. I don't like wasting my time. I'm not saying I'm a good example of anything but I'm a lot happier simply ignoring all of it. Maybe attitudes like mine are part of the problem but it is what it is.  Now excuse me while go back to completely ignoring the P&R forum.